6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - another Texas boy enters the wonderful world of the 6.8. Two week old Stag 5...first trip to the range my 22 year son old cuts dead center at 100 yards with iron sights and standing, no rest. Probably not a big deal for most of you guys but I was impressed...what a sweet shooting carbine! Have since added an EOTech 512 and can't wait to get it back out. Already dreaming about my next 6.8 purchase.

Guys, this is far and away the best site I've seen and the fact that it's dedicated to my newest favorit caliber, this is where I'll be spending my time. Have a lot to learn, and this site has a lot to teach... thanks again for the great site.

God Bless America!

Dale

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Hey welcome Dale. I think we need to have a section just for the Texas guys. LOL.

Sounds like you got yourself a nice shooter. You will love the EOTech. If you never used a Red Dot before, just keep both eyes open and look through the reticle to the target. Don't concentrate on the reticle as it will appear to be fuzzy.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Texas Shooter said:
Hello All - another Texas boy enters the wonderful world of the 6.8. Two week old Stag 5...first trip to the range my 22 year son old cuts dead center at 100 yards with iron sights and standing, no rest. Probably not a big deal for most of you guys but I was impressed...what a sweet shooting carbine! Have since added an EOTech 512 and can't wait to get it back out. Already dreaming about my next 6.8 purchase.

Guys, this is far and away the best site I've seen and the fact that it's dedicated to my newest favorit caliber, this is where I'll be spending my time. Have a lot to learn, and this site has a lot to teach... thanks again for the great site.

God Bless America!

Dale
Dale,

Welcome and your son shot very well!

Thank you for the kind words on the site, the goal was to have a placed dedicated to a single round which avoided the ancillary discussion which often times causes other issues. Anyways thanks and keep us posted on your progress with the 6.8.

I miss the lone star state, cant wait to get back there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

Shot last Friday (again with son) and we both loved the EOTech. We've used red dots before but not like this one. 95% hits offhand with a half size silhouette at 100 yds. I can only imagine what somebody who really knows how to shoot could do with this one. Need a better trigger for it (I think that was the only negative comment in Gun Tests late last year). Had a friend recommend the RRA 2 stage over the Bushie, something about not feeling the 2nd stage on the Bushmaster. Any thoughts on either? Actually, the answer is probably already on the site somewhere.

I have a lot of reading to do on the site so I'll shut up for a while now

God Bless America

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Texas Shooter said:
Thanks Guys

Shot last Friday (again with son) and we both loved the EOTech. We've used red dots before but not like this one. 95% hits offhand with a half size silhouette at 100 yds. I can only imagine what somebody who really knows how to shoot could do with this one. Need a better trigger for it (I think that was the only negative comment in Gun Tests late last year). Had a friend recommend the RRA 2 stage over the Bushie, something about not feeling the 2nd stage on the Bushmaster. Any thoughts on either? Actually, the answer is probably already on the site somewhere.

I have a lot of reading to do on the site so I'll shut up for a while now

God Bless America
Get either the WOA Tuned RRA 2-stage trigger or the Geiselle SSA Combat 2-stage trigger. The Bushie Trigger is not tat great. It was my first 2-stage trigger and I didn't like it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The Combat on is going to feel like a good M14-M1 trigger
I am told and the WOA is going to probably feel a bit more like a target trigger but the combat one is suppose to be more durable. I think for the money the combat trigger is a great buy given the companies other triggers rep. You will most likely be happy with either.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts