6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a picture from my cell phone camera with a few pigs at the feeder. Swung by and picked a buddy up and headed there. Nice surprise to turn the corner at the feeder and they were still there. The IR light didn't seem to bother them at all.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Good take down!

can you share how long the pigs held at the feeder and what amount of time you have your feeder spin set to.

i realize it isn't anything definite in terms of them sticking around but I've tried to get an educated guess in case I decide to spring for $$$ a fancy camera like that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good take down!

can you share how long the pigs held at the feeder and what amount of time you have your feeder spin set to.

i realize it isn't anything definite in terms of them sticking around but I've tried to get an educated guess in case I decide to spring for $$$ a fancy camera like that.
Sure thing.

I run this feeder for 3 sec in the morning and 3 sec in the evening. Have this setup for the deer. I am 3 for 3 on killing pigs with the cell camera.

A lone boar will be there about 2 hours assuming the deer didn't beat him there first. Gathered this info over the past 2 boars I killed. Couldn't make it out when they came by on day 1, day 2 dead. This particular hunt I want to say there was roughly 8 pigs on camera. Upon picking up the downed pigs a quick look around almost no corn on the ground. Takes about 35 minutes to get there when including picking up a second shooter.

As far as a cell camera I am believer. I have wasted so many trips out to hunt places trying to time when they would be there. This takes the guess work out of it for me. Keeps your scent away from the feeder and keeps them on schedule. Plus me in the AC.

I believe all the cell cameras have different monthly pricing for AT&T and Verizon. so you have options.
Covert is $35.99 for 3 months. Cost me more than that was more in gas going out there, much less the time wasted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts