6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. Poked around a bit and this looks to be a great site. I came here because I am building my first AR and am going with a 6.8. Its' going to be a slow process as I am gathering parts as I can afford them and can keep them off the old credit card. So far I've accumulated/ assembled the lower:

Anderson Arms stripped lower
CMMG LPK
Troy enhanced trigger guard
Ergo grip
JP single stage trigger
Veriforce Tactical buffer tube w/ heavy CAR buffer and spring
Daniel Defense stock

All pretty standard stuff and it works fine with my 5.56 and .300 uppers. I'd eventually like to swap in something like the Troy PDW stock.

For the upper I am thinking 14.5" with a pinned QD muzzle device for a suppressor, 13" key mod hand guard on a Gibbz side charging receiver, but am also considering a less expensive Palmetto State assembled upper just to get to shooting. I've not actually shot a 6.8 before, and my interest in the caliber is really just based on internet research. This project started purely for fun and to build something different that was my own creation. As my wife says, my Jeep addiction has been replaced by a gun addiction............

Looking forward to lots of good advice and to sharing my build....

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forum, take it from a fellow jeeper (J.E.E.P., Just Empty Every Pocket) the AR platform is about the same as having a Wrangler. The aftermarket and available options for both are vast and limited only by your imagination and bank account.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome...can't wait to see your build. I'm relatively new to the 6.8 cartridge myself...I've been extremely impressed with it so far...so much so that I haven't shot any 5.56 since. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Welcome from NC!

Nothing wrong with PSA uppers, the FN barrels are pretty accurate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome from NC!

Nothing wrong with PSA uppers, the FN barrels are pretty accurate.
Edited my post. Didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with them, just that they are less expensive than what I am considering building.

Hope no one was offended by very first post!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Edited my post. Didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with them, just that they are less expensive than what I am considering building.

I don't think you offended anyone bud, for the most part we are all thick skinned and hard headed. Or at least I am, we would all like to be able to build a no holds bared, spare no expense build but that just isn't a reality. The main thing that matters is that you are happy with what you have put together and if later you feel like swapping parts or upgrading that's the beauty of the AR platform.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts

No offense taken LOL!
All I meant is that PSA stuff is good stuff for the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts