6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,

I have been lurking for several weeks now pouring over all of the great information on this forum and thought I would introduce myself, (just received a Barrett REC7 yesterday and will be heading to the range soon). Just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great forum.

NC68

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
welcome would appreciate a good write up of the range with pics of the targets as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome aboard!! This is a GREAT forum! BTW I'm very jealous of your Barrett. Im sure it wont dissapoint :D

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcoma abord. Let us know how she shoots.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Between the holiday and work travel it may be a while before I can get to the range but I will provide pics and feedback then...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made it to the range with my Barrett REC7 over the holidays. Using iron sights for now until Trijicon comes out with their 6.8 BDC ACOG.

As I am unsure if there is any interest on a range report in regards to this rifle I'll see if anyone replies and report accordingly. If there is anything specific you'd like to know I'll do my best to provide feedback.

I'll have several more trips to the range in the next couple of weeks but right now its limited to a maximum of 100 yards, (and with iron sights that's about the farthest that would be practical with my eyes).

Overall i was impressed with it although my experience with rifles is somewhat limited. Please let me know if you want more information and pictures, etc.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
nc68 said:
I made it to the range with my Barrett REC7 over the holidays. Using iron sights for now until Trijicon comes out with their 6.8 BDC ACOG.

As I am unsure if there is any interest on a range report in regards to this rifle I'll see if anyone replies and report accordingly. If there is anything specific you'd like to know I'll do my best to provide feedback.

I'll have several more trips to the range in the next couple of weeks but right now its limited to a maximum of 100 yards, (and with iron sights that's about the farthest that would be practical with my eyes).

Overall i was impressed with it although my experience with rifles is somewhat limited. Please let me know if you want more information and pictures, etc.
I woud like to see what kind of accuracy you can get out of it.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
paulosantos said:
nc68 said:

I woud like to see what kind of accuracy you can get out of it.
As would I

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shown below is the target I used for the first and so far only trip to the range. This was shot at 50 yards using the iron sights that came with the REC 7, (Barrett's newest REC 7 does not have any iron sights included and also does not have the suppressor threads).

Please bear in mind several points, (not making excuses - just letting you know!):

1. This was the first time I shot a rifle in 20 years.
2. The 6 shots around the lower left quadrant and the 5 shots above the center line were made during initial sight adjustment.
3. Once the sights were adjusted I felt the gun was more accurate than I but as you can see they all fell within about 3".

There are probably quite few forum members that can shoot much better. The only way that I know of to take the human error portion out of the equation is to have the rifle clamped down in a jig and then test repeatability. I've seen this for handguns but I'm not sure if something similar is ever used for rifles. In my opinion, for all practical purposes the shots were tight enough.

I'll iron sight a 75 yard and 100 yard target the next time at the range and report those findings if there is any interest. Right now 100 yards is the longest this range has but I'm investigating other ranges that provide greater distances.

I really want to get out there with an ACOG but I'm holding out for the 6.8 BDC that Trijicon is supposed to have coming out sometime in the next several months.

Please let me know if I can provided any other information and/or pictures of the REC 7, etc.

NC68

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks for the picture. That isn't bad shooting at all. It takes a ton a practice to get proficient with Iron Sights. Just keep at it and you will get better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts