6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I have seen some others users here from other sites that I highly respect a few I have met in person, so here I am.

To be 100% honest I haven't made my mind up weather to stay with 5.56 or go to a 6.8 or 6.5G.

Is there any one or a few threads that an FNG needs to make the 6.8 decision.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome Bronz. What are you hung up on as far as your decision between the 6.8 and 6.5? I would choose based on your needs and what you are going to be using it for. For hunting, they are both great. For short-medium range, I would go with the 6.8SPC. For medium-long range, I would go with the 6.5 Grendel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
paulosantos said:
Welcome Bronz. What are you hung up on as far as your decision between the 6.8 and 6.5? I would choose based on your needs and what you are going to be using it for. For hunting, they are both great. For short-medium range, I would go with the 6.8SPC. For medium-long range, I would go with the 6.5 Grendel.
Hey PS whats up brother. I never knew you were a 6.8 fan with all the work you did last year with HSM 5.56T buy.

1. Accuracy
2. Good ballistics out to 500yds.
3. Reliability-the different 6.8 chambers are starting to throw me off
4. Many types of facotry ammo untill I start to reload for it
5. 14.5 M4 profile barrel, chromed lined. My favorite guns are all 14.5's in 5.56. I learn how to use it and then work up to longer barrels.
6. Able to build an 18" SPR using and OPs. Inc suppressor
7. Petty I know but I want to be in front of the wave if and when the .mil changes calibers. 6.8 or 6.5 or something else.

These and more questions I know I will have answered as a spend time here.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
BRONZ said:
paulosantos said:
Hey PS whats up brother. I never knew you were a 6.8 fan with all the work you did last year with HSM 5.56T buy. I completely went to the darkside. I'm on my 3rd 6.8SPC. I've tested just about every bullet and powder for the 6.8SPC. It has been a blast.

1. Accuracy. You can easily get Sub MOA with handloads for the 6.8SPC. If you are lucky, you will get Sub MOA with factory ammo.
2. Good ballistics out to 500yds. That is what the 6.8SPC was designed for.
3. Reliability-the different 6.8 chambers are starting to throw me off. It can be very confusing, but it is not that bad. Barrett, PRI, MSTN, and Kp-Tonics all have the improved chamber which is equivalent to a 5.56 chamber. The improved chamber allows you to really shoot the combat loads and really push your handloads. The other manufacturers are still using the SAAMI Chamber which is equivalent to a .223 chamber.
4. Many types of facotry ammo untill I start to reload for it. SSA makes the best ammo. I put something together in the ammo section here with all of the factory ammo available.
5. 14.5 M4 profile barrel, chromed lined. My favorite guns are all 14.5's in 5.56. I learn how to use it and then work up to longer barrels. Noveske is the only company I know that makes the 14.5" barrels. You can also get a Ko-Tonics barrel from AR15Barrels.com and he can cut it to 14.5".
6. Able to build an 18" SPR using and OPs. Inc suppressor. You can get the OPS brakecollar from PRI. PRI, Ko-Tonics, and Noveske make 18" SPR Barrels set up for the OPS brake/collar.
7. Petty I know but I want to be in front of the wave if and when the .mil changes calibers. 6.8 or 6.5 or something else.

These and more questions I know I will have answered as a spend time here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts