6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Purdy piece. Yup, starting out with wheel guns teaches one trigger discipline, and to make your shot count. When you know how to use a wheel gun and have a gaggle of full speed loaders, you're a force to be reckoned with. My wheel guns are just as special as my auto-loaders (to me).

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purdy piece. Yup, starting out with wheel guns teaches one trigger discipline, and to make your shot count. When you know how to use a wheel gun and have a gaggle of full speed loaders, you're a force to be reckoned with. My wheel guns are just as special as my auto-loaders (to me).
I’ve loved revolvers since I was a little boy. My uncle had a Colt 22 and a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum. I shot the Colt as a boy, and the Ruger in my early teens. Both left a lasting impression. Sadly, when my uncle passed a few years ago, his son sold his gun collection without even asking me. I was super pissed!

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
I’ve loved revolvers since I was a little boy. My uncle had a Colt 22 and a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 magnum. I shot the Colt as a boy, and the Ruger in my early teens. Both left a lasting impression. Sadly, when my uncle passed a few years ago, his son sold his gun collection without even asking me. I was super pissed!
My first rifle was a Remington 700 ADL .30-06. My first handgun was a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag (the old 3 screw). Still have both, and the Ruger has not, nor will it get sent to the factory for the recall/"upgrade". I've filled a freezer many time with that rifle. My dad head shot a bull moose with the .44 in the Alaskan Arctic. A year or so later, returned the gun to me and said that it wouldn't shoot straight anymore. Well, he'd kept the holstered gun on the dash of his snowmobile for quick/easy access. Every screw on the gun had vibrated loose. Once I snugged 'em all back up, she's right as rain once again.

My third gun, a S&W 686 .357, which I carried as a duty weapon when I started my LEO work. Sweetest shooting revolver I've ever shot. Have put thousands of rounds through it. To this day, it's a shooter.

Sorry to hear your cousin did a major stupid. Sadly, when people of grieving, they don't always think things through.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Nice Score! As did a lot of gun owners I started out on revolvers and transitioned into semi-automatics. I have Glocks, Kimbers, Walther etc. I like them but have found myself buying wheels guns again as I enjoy shooting them much more. I generally carry a S&W 642 concealed except when I head to the big city which warrants a Glock 19 as I may encounter more than one ghetto goblin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great trade. 6” GP-100s are some of the nicest shooting revolvers out there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
834 Posts
My third gun, a S&W 686 .357, which I carried as a duty weapon when I started my LEO work. Sweetest shooting revolver I've ever shot. Have put thousands of rounds through it. To this day, it's a shooter.
I have a S&W 586, 6in barrel, 357 nickle plated, no dash. I got it new in either the late 70's or early 80's. Taught my wife and daughter to shoot with it. I shot 2 deer with it then it became a safe queen. I've been told it is now worth around 3 times what I payed for it because of the low production numbers of 6in nickle and no dash. I've informed my daughter of this so when I'm gone she doesn't get taken if she tries to sell it.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
I have a S&W 586, 6in barrel, 357 nickle plated, no dash. I got it new in either the late 70's or early 80's. Taught my wife and daughter to shoot with it. I shot 2 deer with it then it became a safe queen. I've been told it is now worth around 3 times what I payed for it because of the low production numbers of 6in nickle and no dash. I've informed my daughter of this so when I'm gone she doesn't get taken if she tries to sell it.
Mine's a "no dash" as well (4" with red ramp/white outline). Got mine in '84 in Juneau, AK... just before heading north to take on my LEO job.

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Smith makes a pretty revolver. Ruger is all business. They have their own section in the loading manual and the loads are too hot for S&W, lol. Seriously, my first new revolver was a Ruger Security Six I bought in 1981. Times got hard and had to sell it. Recently had a GP100 but found another 6" Security Six and replaced the GP100.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Smith makes a pretty revolver. Ruger is all business. They have their own section in the loading manual and the loads are too hot for S&W, lol. Seriously, my first new revolver was a Ruger Security Six I bought in 1981. Times got hard and had to sell it. Recently had a GP100 but found another 6" Security Six and replaced the GP100.

Security Six is the revolver I have and take hunting as my sidearm. It’s the stainless 4” version. It was my grandpas. He used to reload for it. I got it when he passed. Super accurate. I don’t feel bad taking a Ruger in the mountains (I.e. not treating it like a safe queen) though this one is getting old enough where I probably should get a GP100 and retire the Security Six.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
The polite simply allow the ignorant to babble and drool off in the corner, by themselves. :a39:

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Well damn. I guess I'll just be over here in the corner. Not sure I will be alone though.
And, start eating worms while you're there. :a01:

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Or go with the Corps and eat crayons. Stay away from the purple ones. My Grandson says they get hallucinations from those.:)
Hey?!?!?! Is this to create colored soap suds after eating soap packets? Is this a "rainbow" agenda? :a01:

In all seriousness... who doesn't love that fireball from the muzzle of a .357 in low-light conditions? Just put Anthony's Weiner in front of it and roast it. I like my .357 so much, I snagged one of those Alaskan Guide chest rig holsters for mine for bein' out in the woods. Can't beat the reliability and lethality of these jewels. Just point it and let that butter-smooth trigger light the fire, time and time again. I'm a big fan of the HKS Speed loaders.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey?!?!?! Is this to create colored soap suds after eating soap packets? Is this a "rainbow" agenda? :a01:

In all seriousness... who doesn't love that fireball from the muzzle of a .357 in low-light conditions? Just put Anthony's Weiner in front of it and roast it. I like my .357 so much, I snagged one of those Alaskan Guide chest rig holsters for mine for bein' out in the woods. Can't beat the reliability and lethality of these jewels. Just point it and let that butter-smooth trigger light the fire, time and time again. I'm a big fan of the HKS Speed loaders.
Got to get some speed loaders too. I had some but don’t know where they got to. Actually, I’ve been looking for a 4” GP100, but couldn’t turn this deal down. Maybe I’ll eventually find one to trade for.

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Got to get some speed loaders too. I had some but don’t know where they got to. Actually, I’ve been looking for a 4” GP100, but couldn’t turn this deal down. Maybe I’ll eventually find one to trade for.
Bought some for my Taurus 85 snubby, and some for a nephew, who has a Taurus 66 .357. I don't think he knows about speedloaders. This was his father-in-law's (my best friend) which he got after my buddy lost his battle with cancer. Gotta help him fall in love with the old school stuff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My pistols eject brass 10 to 15 feet and all over... my revolvers eject about 3 inches right into the palm of my hand. I love that about a wheel gun.:a32:

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
For 357s for me I only got 1. Never needed any more than my KP-161 GP-100 I got the first time around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts