6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I ended up getting two with the 60gr Vmax last night. They worked great. Going out tonight with the 55gr SGT. Pretty small coyote, the other one was bigger but the picture isn’t really internet appropriate. My brother is using a 22 creedmoor shooting Berger 80.5gr full boar going 3400fps and it was turning coyotes inside out last night. That thing is incredible.

Cargo pants Military camouflage Gesture Camouflage Marines

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Very bright moon! I didn't need to turn on my light to drive around the ranch. Keep tagging those yotes!

· Registered
19 Posts
Also, the Valkyrie was designed around the 90 SMK. Turns out that bullet had too thin a copper jacket and didn't shoot well. It was the worst bullet in my Valkyrie. Sierra corrected that but, between this and the chamber issue, the Valkyrie got off to a poor start. Makes me wonder how the cartridge would have fared in popularity if Federal didn't screw it up.
Kind of ironic that Remington screwed up the 6.8 SPC and Federal doubled down by screwing up the Valkyrie. 🤦‍♂️

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Wormydog, you are so far ahead of me, I will never catch up! Keep knocking them out.

Reactions: earlytom
21 - 28 of 28 Posts