6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got a couple of them in yesterday, only difference is; instead of multi-cal it's stamped 6.8 SPC, finish is better than the last several "multi-cal" lowers i got in, feels smoother after getting it all cleaned and lubed up. put a PSA classic LPK in and added the KNS pin set i got from Iron Works and an A2 stock. the PSA trigger is lighter and smoother feeling than the standard Anderson LPK ... or it's my imagination

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
$15.95 to ship a lower that easily fits in a small flat rate box? Sorry no.
what firearm can you have shipped to your FFL dealer for less than $25 now? $16 is not out of the norm to ship a lower with tracking&signature confirmation to an FFL---

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ended up getting 7 of them, all built and stashed now

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
$15.95 to ship a lower that easily fits in a small flat rate box? Sorry no.
what firearm can you have shipped to your FFL dealer for less than $25 now? $16 is not out of the norm to ship a lower with tracking&signature confirmation to an FFL---
Additionally if it is not a rifle it cannot go through the USPS IIRC.

I may be mistaken but I know I am not wrong.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Additionally if it is not a rifle it cannot go through the USPS IIRC.

I may be mistaken but I know I am not wrong.
they are stripped lower receivers so they "could" be consided a rifle --- if you are an ffl you can ship guns to other ffL's via USPS.

My box full of stripped lowest (from another vendor) came to my ffl via USPS flat rate box.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
they are stripped lower receivers so they "could" be consided a rifle --- if you are an ffl you can ship guns to other ffL's via USPS.

My box full of stripped lowest (from another vendor) came to my ffl via USPS flat rate box.
Good to know.

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts

If you are an FFL you can also ship handguns through the USPS so it is a wash either way. Stripped receivers are considered "firearms" they are not rifle or pistol until built as such (unless the manufacturer stamps Pistol on them) and are transferred as "other".

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
If you are an FFL you can also ship handguns through the USPS so it is a wash either way. Stripped receivers are considered "firearms" they are not rifle or pistol until built as such (unless the manufacturer stamps Pistol on them) and are transferred as "other".
my dumba** LGS/ffl tried to put my stripped receivers through as "Rifle" ---I had to inform him of the "other/receiver" box to check mark

I knew FFL's could ship pistols via USPS too, but I guess I didn't make that very clear
If I am correct, the pistols must be 1 or 2 day air with full tracking/sig confirmation on them, but long guns have leeway on the shipping method and can go via standard shipping and not need the 1/2 day air---am I right on that part? or am I misinformed?

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
my dumba** LGS/ffl tried to put my stripped receivers through as "Rifle" ---I had to inform him of the "other/receiver" box to check mark

I knew FFL's could ship pistols via USPS too, but I guess I didn't make that very clear
If I am correct, the pistols must be 1 or 2 day air with full tracking/sig confirmation on them, but long guns have leeway on the shipping method and can go via standard shipping and not need the 1/2 day air---am I right on that part? or am I misinformed?
That is UPS and Fedex policy. There is no law to that affect. I don't know for certain of a USPS policy either but I always use priority mail for handgun or long gun. It is just safer that way. The sooner it gets where it is going the less chance of a problem.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
off topic but i once had a Midas grade Browning Superposed shotgun in 28 gauge shipped from Enid Oklahoma to Little Rock, every person who touched that box had to sign for it, when i got the sign for sheet it was a full page of signatures and printed names. that was next day Fed Express years ago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.