6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ammo is coming back on the shelves a lot faster and more selection than previous year around here . People who have " just realized I have a few boxes more than I need of xxx ammo " will soon realize they have almost held it too long so expect a lot more people to find extra ammo laying around soon .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ammo is coming back on the shelves a lot faster and more selection than previous year around here . People who have " just realized I have a few boxes more than I need of xxx ammo " will soon realize they have almost held it too long so expect a lot more people to find extra ammo laying around soon .

What kind of prices are you seeing ?
The ammo that I'm seeing available locally is more expensive than last year. I wonder if the price of ammo will ever go back to what it was... Thoughts ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been thinking ammo is slowly coming back also. Midway has had Israeli 5.56 in stock for a month or so now. Locally 5.56/223 has been available if you get to the right store when it gets in. 6.8 120 grain sst has been in stock fairly regularly locally. .308 has also been in stock locally.

·
Super Moderator
12,171 Posts
The manufacturers and wholesalers prices are the same as they were before any of the current madness. Never changed other than normal yearly inflation. All the crazy prices you are seeing are solely at the retail level. Bunch of damn crooks if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ammo that I'm seeing available locally is more expensive than last year. I wonder if the price of ammo will ever go back to what it was... Thoughts ?
I didn't ask about the ones he didn't have but the 300 was $26.00 for sub and I think $36 . For 110 Barnes . There will definitely be a price increase going forward because of the upcoming spike in inflation but the price will definitely drop tremendously. I was talking to a local shop last week who has banned several people from his establishment because he found out they were flipping .

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Someone mentioned to me awhile ago about supply and demand. I mean... I get that, but if the manufacturers cost of production hasn’t raised, then I would imagine the prices wouldn’t skyrocket the way they have. I’m disappointed, but if cheap target ammo is two or three times the price as before this nonsense... I dunno. Thanks BLM and Antifa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been seeing quite a bit in the Dothan area this past month. Rural King had 5.56 M855 for $250 for 500 rounds. Also had several hand gun offerings. I picked up two boxes of 9mm for $16 each. Even Walmart has been stocking 12 gauge, 100 rounds of #8 shot was $23.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Local shop here in AZ has plenty of several calibers, it’s just too pricey for me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You can't always believe what you see on the internet, but I have been seeing more about ammo being available. Unfortunately I haven't seen any 6.8 SPC. SGAmmo.com has been advertising a lot of Yugoslavian 7.62 X 39mm, 7.62 X 54mm and 5.56mm IMI ammo.

·
Registered
199 Posts
SGAmmo had a lot of 120gr SST. Looks like it dried up from there, but you can still find SST in quite a few places. Interestingly I never saw them get 6.5 G back in stock there. Once it dried up it stayed gone.

To me that would suggest suppliers are placing a higher emphasis on 6.8 SPC over 6.5 G based on their sales numbers, but that is only speculation.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I think ammo will go up a bit but not gouging prices like they are now. I think I saw one of those federal or whatever ammo manufacturer videos and I think he said raw components are up about 7-10%.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I think ammo will go up a bit but not gouging prices like they are now. I think I saw one of those federal or whatever ammo manufacturer videos and I think he said raw components are up about 7-10%.
I believe it was Winchester that said their prices would go up about 15%.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
When I looked online a month ago, the prices were not close to acceptable to me. They were acceptable to somebody, just not me.

Reactions: 270

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ammo seems to be making a come back, but here is an explanation on why the prices are going up. Might want to start hording if you haven't started already.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I have been getting a lot of “ammo instock” emails. Still not down in my price range but it’s good to see it making a comeback!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish I'd snagged some 6.8 ammo last summer when it was still relatively available. I started building my rifle last April, as a beat-the-boredom thing, but didn't finish it until January. Buy a part now and then, when I had some spare $ in the pocket. So I finally finish it, but ammo is mostly gone, and what's available is like $50 for 20 rounds. Nah, I'll pass for now.
Maybe someday I'll get to shoot the new rifle and sight it in, but not at $2.50 per pew. Not gonna happen. Doesn't cost a penny to keep sitting in the safe...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I wish I'd snagged some 6.8 ammo last summer when it was still relatively available. I started building my rifle last April, as a beat-the-boredom thing, but didn't finish it until January. Buy a part now and then, when I had some spare $ in the pocket. So I finally finish it, but ammo is mostly gone, and what's available is like $50 for 20 rounds. Nah, I'll pass for now.
Maybe someday I'll get to shoot the new rifle and sight it in, but not at $2.50 per pew. Not gonna happen. Doesn't cost a penny to keep sitting in the safe...
I'm with you on that. I ordered ammo last May when I was out of work. The wife agreed to it, but we were not happy with the 00.80 cents a round price (S&B PTS and American Hunter, both 110 gr, also got XM68GD in 90gr for the same price). Now I can kick my self over and over again for not buying more. Who knows if it will ever get down to that price again. I think 120SST and 115 gr Fusion were going for about $1.20, I said no way. Now it's going for $1.50 - $2.50 a round. Just look at brass, some guys are asking for $1.00 a case. I guess I picked a very bad time to try and get into reloading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm with you on that. I ordered ammo last May when I was out of work. The wife agreed to it, but we were not happy with the 00.80 cents a round price (S&B PTS and American Hunter, both 110 gr, also got XM68GD in 90gr for the same price). Now I can kick my self over and over again for not buying more. Who knows if it will ever get down to that price again. I think 120SST and 115 gr Fusion were going for about $1.20, I said no way. Now it's going for $1.50 - $2.50 a round. Just look at brass, some guys are asking for $1.00 a case. I guess I picked a very bad time to try and get into reloading.
Same here. I've got a fair stash of pistol primers, but nothing for rifle. If primers weren't gone, I'd consider handloading for the new rifle from the get-go, but that's not any better of an option than a $50 box of ammo at this point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts