6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
if the 110 OTM that it's loaded with is anything like their 110 VMax loading it will be a tack driver with excellent brass should you reload.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To me, it shot about the same as the 110 grain S&B ammo. My rifle seems to prefer the Hornady 120gr SST in a factory load. It's certainly worth a try, every rifle is different.

·
Registered
121 Posts
the American gunner line also offer a 6.8 loading has anybody used any and what are you results
Got a chance recently to test the 6.8 AG vs the 120SST. My 16" ARP SOCOM seems to like the AGs, and IMO would work fine as a substitute for practice/plinking/etc. if the price would come down a bit.

Indoor range with 100yd max, bagged rest.

6.8 American Gunner:

Line Design Visual arts Pattern Fictional character

120SST:

Triangle Red Symmetry Pattern Triangle

·
Registered
655 Posts
These last two comments are why I'm less interested in this forum these days. People trying to contribute data and get blasted by anonymous people from a keyboard. Different crowd. Suggestion: "nice group. Have you considered shooting 5 shot groups instead of 3? Maybe you just had 3 loaded up for the day. Here's a cool article on why some people shoot 5." Just a suggestion guys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
These last two comments are why I'm less interested in this forum these days. People trying to contribute data and get blasted by anonymous people from a keyboard. Different crowd. Suggestion: "nice group. Have you considered shooting 5 shot groups instead of 3? Maybe you just had 3 loaded up for the day. Here's a cool article on why some people shoot 5." Just a suggestion guys.
Dogcompany, I'm with you on your comments. Advice is always better than criticism. We all have been there!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Golly I must be old skool . Oh wait the sign on my high school says " The old high school" .

Nothing wrong with 3 shot groups ,with today's rifles and especially the AR platform I can't see mechanically what is to be gained with a $10 group over a $3 group .
3 shots is all I load for rifle work up loads , generally 3 touching vs 3 on an 8 1/2 x 11 is good enough to find a load to fine tune .

As far as factory ammo goes any thing in any given rifle that turns in anything under 2" any time impresses me .

Say Bulletboy maybe you could show us some of your factory ammo full magazine groups ? On standardized targets or with proof scales naturally. The really small groups will of course have to be witnessed with proof that 20-25 rd were fired . None of that sissy double bag, lead sled, prone bipod stuff either knees , elbows or leaning post if you please . Naturally we want to see not only proof of your load and rifle but of your shooting skills . Time limits to so your 25 has to be shot in under 9 min from 1st to last shot none of this shot 1 round waited 35 min for a full cool down and normalizing.

See how easy it is to be a jerk ?

Good groups . It's nice to see factory and rifles that play well together.

·
Registered
631 Posts
When doing initial load work ups, I load 3 rounds. If the three rounds look promising, then the next range session will find at least five of the same loadings to confirm either accuracy or fluke.

With factory, if the first three rounds put a smile on one's face, at least two or three more should be fired to confirm or deny the accuracy of the round.

Before making adjustments to the sights, several 5 rounds groups are my norm.

BTW, AG ammo groups about 1.5" (5 shots) for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts