6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everones input on this gun. I was looking at trading my walther p99 in 40cal for an AK and got this as an offer, Im interested and just dont know enough about it to make a call on it though. Any info would help such as parts interchability, problems etc.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Have a picture of it or link to an ad with it? The AMD-65 is a short barrel Hungarian AK that was supposed to be for armored vehicle crews and has seen elite forces use, kind of like our M4 started out as a carbine then was adopted by special forces. They were like 12-13 inch barrels, so they are either a SBR here or have some muzzle device pinned in place? Or is this an import with the longer legal barrel?

Most Hungarian AKs are decent from what I've seen, some are not finished out as nice as some of the other East Euro Ak's.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I really like the Amd-65 and Not cause im part Hungarian LOL
My Dad carried that Ak for 4 years :lol:
Most likely that is a clone cause an Authentic Amd 65 F/A is around 8k

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Zoli... the real AMD-65's are short barreled aren't they? That's what I've read anyway.

Zoli is now 68forums official East European weapons expert. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its near new, chrome lined barrel, wood grips 12in barrel with the 4in brake to make it a legal 16. Actualy the more I learn the more it sounds like a neat little gun.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Frankyoz said:
Its near new, chrome lined barrel, wood grips 12in barrel with the 4in brake to make it a legal 16. Actualy the more I learn the more it sounds like a neat little gun.
I think it'd be a neat gun to have. I read up on some AMD history and it's a very successful AK variant. It became a commando AK since it was so handy and maneuverable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up getting a underfolding "romanian" I say it like that beause the only part thats romanian is the upper. It was a build by a local very well known builder. It has a Armory lower and qaulity internals, anyway it feels great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts