6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four years ago there seemed to be some push towards the 5.45 x 39 Russian round in AR 15s. Haven't seen anything in at least 3 years.

With the AK47 ammo a tough mix in AR15s, it would seem the 5.45 x 39 would load better in AR style magazines?

Did Obummer stop the cheap import of the ammo?

Does anyone have a AR15 in 5.45 x 39 and how does it shoot????

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Remember the Russian invasion of The Crimea ?

Perhaps a sanction on Russian arms and ammo?

·
Registered
890 Posts
The most popular ammo was steal core. Somebody built a pistol chambered for that caliber and bingo it was banned as armor piercing handgun ammo by the ATF. It was the warm up for the attempted ban on M855 5.56 ammo for the same reason.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to Hillaries adds she handled Putin!!!! I figured without really cheap ammo it wasn't worth switching from the 556

·
Banned
125 Posts
I have an AR in that caliber (Adams Arms piston) to compliment my Saiga 5.45. It's my usual go to plinking gun as I have a lot of that ammo. Shoots real similar to my 5.56, just smells different. I personally wouldn't invest in one if I didn't already have another gun in the same caliber and a decent supply of ammo though.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
the 5.45x39 have been dying slowly since it was born.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The 5.45 is alive and well within the AK community.
It is a 1/3 and as stock lasts.
Too much dependence on imports and no reloading options.
The 5.56 makes a lot more sense .

·
Registered
168 Posts
5.45x39 was very interesting for AR when you could buy the surplus ammo really cheap. The new Wolf etc 5.45x39 is reasonable when it is available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts