6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been hunting almost everyday for the past two weeks and watched a group of does cross the fence everyday at the same time each day, 7am and 5pm. There was or had been a buck in the area recently because all the signs but never showed himself while I was there. Since it was the last day of either sex I decided to take a doe if the opportunity came. The freezer was empty and I needed to restock.
At 7am I caught movement out near where the does had crossed the days before. This time it was a good size doe and she was alone. I let her work her way a little closer to me and took the shot. Since I don't have a rangefinder I stepped it off and it was 125 steps to where she was hit.
The handloaded 110gr Pro Hunter entered just behind the shoulder and exited the opposite side leaving a 1/2 dollar sized hole and taking some lung tissue out with it so the bullet was not recovered. The doe was recovered about 50 yards away. The meat will be good this winter. :D

I also took another doe with my handgun and will post pics in the general forums section.

This is where the Pro Hunter entered.

Here is the exit hole. Notice some lung tissue hanging out of the hole. Those Pro Hunters do the job!

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Excellent shooting and a nice deer....

the 6.8 has really proven itself this year.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Another Pro Hunter kill!! I would like to know how many deer have been killed already with those bullets this season. Nice doe!!! I taste Deer Jerky!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

Deer jerky? You bet! The backstraps are in the freezer just waiting to be thawed, sliced, seasoned and throw in the dehydrator.

The local deer processor has the rest of it. Most of it will be made into deer sausage and the rest hamburger.
Our Sunday School class has deer sausage and biscuits or some other wild game for breakfast every Sunday morning. The meat will be enjoyed by a lot of fellow hunters.
:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts