6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find an Aero M5 (.308) stripped receiver set in-stock online? Check almost all vendors I frequent and all are sold out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Aero has uppers and lowers listed separate on their site as in stock. May be gone time you find this and get over there. Looks like blems in FDE. Hope you see this in time

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Last I looked they had black lowers and FDE standard uppers but no M5E1 uppers.

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
I would suggest that the current anti-gun rampage will make finding semi-auto MSR parts a little hard. At least for a few weeks, as it looks today, they Democrats will not get the 60 Senate votes to pass any of the 4 anti-gun bills proposed. Democrats only have 46.
It is always a good idea to make sure your ELECTED REPRESENTATIVE knows you are against ANY more gun laws. Otherwise, they will listen to the rampaging mob using the latest insane massacre incident to "take off another slice off the loaf of bread(2nd Amendment).

I will expect 4th of July specials to be more attractive.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im looking for the Aero M5 (.308) stripped combo set (includes both upper and lower receivers). Didn't see it in-stock on Aero website and can't seem to find it in stock at any other online vendors neither.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see Aero has the M5 (.308) stripped lower in stock, but no stripped M5 (.308) upper receiver in black in stock right now.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Their sets are rare finds even on their own website. The last few that hit the street only lasted a few hours. Especially the cerakoted ones.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
spoke with them on the phone a couple of weeks back, was told the enhanced 308 uppers and rails should be back in stock about 3 weeks from now, it was 5 weeks when i called them

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Is Aero's .308 receivers fully DPMS compatible or their proprietary receivers?
don't know about the uppers, i have 2 of the lowers only thing i guess to be proprietary are the pins, but can't swear to it. i'm waiting on the enhanced versions to be in stock, as patiently as i can. Woodstock has built some of them, perhaps he will chime in

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
The ones that I have built were assembled with DPMS parts kits. That is all I know. Since the upper and lower were both Aero I don't know about all the rest of it.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Working on my second 308 using the AP M5 stripped uppers mated to JMT 80% lowers. No major issues with the first build. As stated, DPMS "high profile", a 2.06 Odin Works keymod HG fit nice. Used a AP bcg, BA 18" barrel and BCM Gunfighter CH on the first one with good results. I'm going to use the X-Caliber 16" barrel and a ToolCraft NiBo bcg on the current build, hope all goes well.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I haven't seen an M5 Combo Set for sale since December. I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of the killer deal on a builders set from Schulyer.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure their "combo sets" are not "matched". In other words, they just include one of each (upper / lower) and you save a few $, but I don't think Aero ever even test fits them so there is no real advantage to the combo set in that regard. If anyone knows differently, please correct me.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I haven't seen an M5 Combo Set for sale since December. I'm kicking myself for not taking advantage of the killer deal on a builders set from Schulyer.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure their "combo sets" are not "matched". In other words, they just include one of each (upper / lower) and you save a few $, but I don't think Aero ever even test fits them so there is no real advantage to the combo set in that regard. If anyone knows differently, please correct me.
You're probably right and it's that warm fuzzy feeling of 'matched sets', but the ones I have gotten had little to no play in them. On the same note, I just bought a 'random set' from Primary Arms and it was one of the tightest I've seen. I'm sold on Aero personally.

·
Registered
459 Posts

My guess is they aren't "matched" either, although I can not say for sure of course. I ordered a set a while ago and the upper and lower each had their own separate box. The fit was perfect but the finish on the upper was a bit off from the finish on the lower. My initial thought was "this is their idea of a matched set'?...LOL. That being said I have been extremely pleased with the M5 set as well as other products I have purchased from them.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I'm also happy with Aero Precision. The M5 uppers fit like a glove with the JMTs I've been using. Just finished milling the FDE, couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts