6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for Butt stocks. I found this site with some in stock. What do you recommend? And are these decent prices? I've been looking for magpuls and off course you can find ctr's, but I can't find buffer tubes and parts. If I buy some of these cheaper stocks could I use the tubes that come with them for the magpuls. I know there has been alot of discussion on stocks, but if anyone has any advise on the cheaper stocks it would help alot. I've got every thing I need for the 4 lowers I'm building except stocks. Thanks for all the help.

http://www.colemantyler.com/products.php?cat=79&PHPSESSID=7d759f34a631c5ebc07521da5fc8db34

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The price is real nice. I'd find out who makes them.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone used the PARDUS STOCK FROM DPMS? That one doesn't look bad. I just don't want to order something that is going to be junk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
jason,

Check out the offerings at pkfirearms.com

I bought a couple of stocks from them with the correct tube, spring, buffer, etc.. They offer the opportunity to select different options of components when you choose a stock. The prices are right, too.

Good luck with your builds,
desmobob

·
Registered
60 Posts
For me the CAA CBS stock fits perfectly and if you want you can attatch a check weld, has storage and a very nice recoil pad.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Let me ask you this question first.

What type of optic or iron sights do you plan on using?

Next, if you set your rifles sighting system up right, you will not need a cheek riser. So that knocks out alot of stocks right there.

Part 2, you need to clear the charging handle anyhow, so that makes for a cheek riser pointless due to you short stocking the rifle. Or the cheek riser gets in the way and you have to adjust it all day long as you operate the rifle.

I run the MagPul UBR on my lower. Its the best stock on the market today. I have a solid cheekweld and run a Horus 3-12x50 on a 18" upper, swap it out and run a ACOG on a 16" upper no issues.

If you build your system right, you will do not need all these high speed stocks company's come out with.

The next best thing is a simple A2 stock and the MagPul CTR if you need a LOP adjustment.

John

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Ok ive got a follow up question of sorts for the guru's. \

I've got a DPMS lower that im building up and plan on using a magpul MOE buttstock, but it has two choices, the mil-spec version or the commercial version, depending on the buffer tube. Which buffer tube would my lower receiver accept? I thought it would take both until I saw this on Larue's site. Also if it will accept either tube, which is prefered.... aka better?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a great question. I haven't ever thought of the tread diameter being different. I thought they were the same.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The thread diameter is the same. The tube size is what is different. The Mill Spec tube is 1.148" while the Commercial Spec Tube is 1.168". If given a choice I would always get the Mill Spec Size because most of the aftermarket stocks require the Mill-Spec Tubes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can see where the confusion would come from, that "chart" on Magpul's site is pretty misleading.

+1 on what paulosantos said, threads are the same. As to whether one is better than the other I don't have any personal knowledge. I believe I remember someone on here saying the mil-spec was tighter. I have the mil-spec CTR and it's rock solid but I've never handled the commercial version so I have no comparison.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have used couple of A2's and a Sopmod. Sopmod is very good for cheekweld for irons or Eotech. Somewhat pricey but top notch with sling attachment points and storage compartments for batteries, etc.

Ax

1 - 12 of 12 Posts