6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of building a 12.5" with suppressor. I guess my question is will an adjustable gas block be necessary for subsonic suppressed and unsuppressed? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
If 300 BO, no. If 6.8mm, yes but unless you have a special barrel you will probably not be shooting subsonic. I've only shot supersonic suppressed with my 6.8 and AGB was essential.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had a 10.5" 6.8 that I ran suppressed without an adjustable block. Still have it actually but I just built a 12.5 6.8 upper and used an adjustable block. After tuning it, wow, what a difference, I did not realize how hard I was beating that 10.5 upper. Also, I agree with Xman, if you want to shoot subs, go with the 300 BO. I think that if you run a 12.5" 6.8 with a can and full power loads, you will be a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I run an AGB on all my builds now because it makes the rifle so much nicer to shoot and way less tuning issues. they are so cheap now really no reason not to.
I did run into an issue with my 10.5" 5.56 build that when suppressed it shoots too hard one click out and short strokes one-click closed. I think I am going to open up the buffer and make it one weight lighter and see if it makes it run better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts