6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got mine put on a bench. 1" group at 5o yards.

That's not going to work for me.

What are you guys seeing with 12"'ish 6.8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I got a 5x7" group at 500yds prone/supported with a 12.5ARP using S&B 110FMJs. Pretty dang happy with that. (5 shots)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was wondering if my load matters? Was throwing 115g

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need more time on bench.

Also need a better trigger.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Was wondering if my load matters? Was throwing 115g

Handloads? Factory? More info?

That was a private range I shot on and it was closed by the owner shortly thereafter. Never got to test any of my handloads at that distance.

·
Registered
629 Posts
What load were your shooting? Factory or hand load? Try a different factory load if that’s what you’re shooting. If handloading, try different bullets, powder and COAL. But really there’s some pretty standard loads developed on this forum if you search for them that are generally accurate in most chambers and barrels.

My worst groups with my ARP 12.5” have been 1.5 MOA during load development and I’m sure some of that was me. Nearly all factory loads are 1 MOA or less and most hand loads are sub MOA after development.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Also check scope rings/mount torque, etc. Is your barrel free floated? Standard trigger? Even a standard trigger and non free floated handguard should be capable of around 1” or less at 50 yards.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope I've got a false alarm.

Had a bit of a wiggle. I assumed it was the tolerance between upper and lower. First time I've put the two together.

Had upper off and realize it's my scope. I use a laRue qD mount. I've got to take it apart and see if it can be snugged up more.

I don't really need the QD any more, I may just ditch it. When I got it I had one AR and liked the idea of popping the scope off for a red dot. 4 or 5 AR's and 4 tax stamps latter,,, that's not really an issue any more.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hope I've got a false alarm.

Had a bit of a wiggle. I assumed it was the tolerance between upper and lower. First time I've put the two together.

Had upper off and realize it's my scope. I use a laRue qD mount. I've got to take it apart and see if it can be snugged up more.

I don't really need the QD any more, I may just ditch it. When I got it I had one AR and liked the idea of popping the scope off for a red dot. 4 or 5 AR's and 4 tax stamps latter,,, that's not really an issue any more.

Not sure if it's a home built upper or factory, but also check the barrel nut torque.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dropped the pistol barrel into a factory built.

But it's all the spec inside.

Built several, just not this one.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Accuracy with 12"

Finally got it on a bench with a few flavors of ammo.

Everything grouped 1/2” or better at 100 yards.

Then I put on the can and they were 6+” groups.
Omaga
This can was fine on my 18” 6.8
And fine on my 8” 300blk
And fine on my 16” 5.56

·
Registered
65 Posts
SSA 85 TSX Tactical Load from my 12.5" ARP barrel suppressed. If I could just hold a little better it shoots great.

·
Registered
493 Posts
What mount are you using for your omega? Make sure the can is locking up tight and the bores of the can and rifle are matched up perfectly. I had a 5.56 mount for my Dead Air Sandman-S that would mount the sliencer canted a degree or two out of line with the bore. I wasn't getting any baffle strikes because it was 5.56 through a .30 cal can, but it was playing hell with my group size. Finally found the problem when I checked it with an alignment rod.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts