6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I might have to get the bushings for the takedown pins but aside from that is there anything that would create problems. I might be trading for a complete A1 upper w/ forward assist and triangular guards. I have a spare spikes lower and I would like to put it on there for right now until I could track down a Colt lower later on. Am I good to go?

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
The pivot pin issue which you're addressing should cover it. I'm not sure when Colt started using the larger front pin, and on which models, so measure first. You may get lucky and have .250 standard AR pivot pin. I've had Colts with the larger pivot pin, and the smaller .250 standard pin. There are some solid Colt gurus hanging around in the Colt Industry forum on AR15.com. You may post there also to be sure. I'm just speaking through experience with a few personally owned Colt rifles, and not a Colt historian. :)

By the way, Nodak Spud makes A1 spec'd AR lowers for Retro builds.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, i did find out it is a small hole. and i'll check those lowers out as well. i guess i'll hafta glue myself in the retro forum for a little while over there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts