6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Axis are free-ranging in Stonewall, Texas and I shot this 205lb Axis buck on my buddy's farm. Herd of 200 plus eating on his wheat so we took a total of eight which I shot four of and this big boy jump up and only 75 yds away.

Cool front passed through Thursday and dropped the temps in the low 60's.

I used the 6.8 and the 120 SST's:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good eatin!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Right after I spotted some axis by my house all these axis kills keep posting and its too wet to get to my feeder on a friends property. Darn the luck. What a bad time to not have any extra dinero or I would go buy/build another. Oh yeah, congrats

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats TCD, that's a beautiful harvest. And it has my attention as I just got on a new lease in Stonewall Co. and will be getting everything setup there next week.

I would be amped if axis are on the property. Would you mind me asking where in Stonewall Co. you are hunting, only generally speaking of course?

My lease is S.E. of Aspermont…

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Congrats TCD, that's a beautiful harvest. And it has my attention as I just got on a new lease in Stonewall Co. and will be getting everything setup there next week.

I would be amped if axis are on the property. Would you mind me asking where in Stonewall Co. you are hunting, only generally speaking of course?

My lease is S.E. of Aspermont…
In Stonewall, Texas (Gillespie County) between Hwy 1, FM 1623 and FM 2721.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.