6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am very pleased SSA/Nosler is a 'proud sponsor' of this forum, I continually ask a simple question and have yet to receive an answer...........So I'll try here.

I've still got some old SSA black boxes of loaded ammo purchsed years ago. Good Stuff.

I also have purchased many Nosler component bullets over the past 35+ years of reloading. All offerings Top Of The Line products and performance. Thank You for that.

As a sponsor, I would expect you to be Online and active in this great forum representing a great caliber. Like some of the other premiere vendors here.

Now, back to my question..........

It appears many reloaders here depend upon Accubond bullets, both 100 and 110 gr. offerings. Why does Nosler appear to produce these bullets on a very limited basis? Your products are top notch, yet many of us cannot find them anywhere. Please help me understand Nosler's position on limiting these products to sales channels. All online sales appear to show most every Nosler 6.8 component bullet as "Not Available" or "Out of Stock/No Backorder".

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
While I am very pleased SSA/Nosler is a 'proud sponsor' of this forum, I continually ask a simple question and have yet to receive an answer...........So I'll try here.

I've still got some old SSA black boxes of loaded ammo purchsed years ago. Good Stuff.

I also have purchased many Nosler component bullets over the past 35+ years of reloading. All offerings Top Of The Line products and performance. Thank You for that.

As a sponsor, I would expect you to be Online and active in this great forum representing a great caliber. Like some of the other premiere vendors here.

Now, back to my question..........

It appears many reloaders here depend upon Accubond bullets, both 100 and 110 gr. offerings. Why does Nosler appear to produce these bullets on a very limited basis? Your products are top notch, yet many of us cannot find them anywhere. Please help me understand Nosler's position on limiting these products to sales channels. All online sales appear to show most every Nosler 6.8 component bullet as "Not Available" or "Out of Stock/No Backorder".

Thank you.
I don't work for N osler/SSA but, from what I have learned, they make bullets in scheduled batch runs. The next run of 110gr AB has been said, on here, to be in Oct.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I received an email finally......and posted here.

I was hoping that they (Nosler/SSA) may get the point that people are RUNNING OUT of a great bullet. How many people on here are saying they can't find any ACCUBONDS for their 6.8? And it ain't been just over the past month or so!

I love the 110 AB's. They are accurate and hit hard. Proven. But if I can't get them, oh well!

Thanks for your consideration, SSA/Nosler.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
as is the way with any large automated production facility, it only makes good business sense to shut down a 24/7 production facility for a tooling change as little as possible. Every time a mass production facility has to shut down for a tooling change (such as caliber or bullet design change etc.) then they loose profits.....no production=no income=loss of profits......so they do the "business smart" thing and only run production once a year.....now maybe Nosler needs to look at overall potential sales and run the .277 100 and 110 AB bullet a little longer to increase the total production for the year, but you also have to remember that there are many more much better selling bullets/calibers out there...I would imagine that for rifle bullets the .308 caliber would be a much better selling product than the .277 caliber, and most recently with the green tip/ammo scare, the .224 might sell the best overall but I bet the profit margins for Nosler are tighter on the .224 caliber than the .277 or.308......but I would like to see more 110AB bullets in .277 out there for sale too, I've been out and had them back ordered for 3 months now.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as is the way with any large automated production facility, it only makes good business sense to shut down a 24/7 production facility for a tooling change as little as possible. Every time a mass production facility has to shut down for a tooling change (such as caliber or bullet design change etc.) then they loose profits.....no production=no income=loss of profits......so they do the "business smart" thing and only run production once a year.....now maybe Nosler needs to look at overall potential sales and run the .277 100 and 110 AB bullet a little longer to increase the total production for the year, but you also have to remember that there are many more much better selling bullets/calibers out there...I would imagine that for rifle bullets the .308 caliber would be a much better selling product than the .277 caliber, and most recently with the green tip/ammo scare, the .224 might sell the best overall but I bet the profit margins for Nosler are tighter on the .224 caliber than the .277 or.308......but I would like to see more 110AB bullets in .277 out there for sale too, I've been out and had them back ordered for 3 months now.
Thanks for EVERYONE chiming in. Maybe they'll listen........As a retired director of a customer service type organization, I'm very aware of business models, etc. Hopefully with all of us telling our side, they may RUN their line of AB's a tad longer. Otherwise, they risk (yes I said risk) losing business all together to another vendor (Hornady/Sierra). Then their business model can be justified and they can return to short runs.

I had similar results with .30 cal 165 gr BT's many moons ago. Since, I have learned all about the accuracy and consistency of Hornady bullets. Never looked back. But I'm still hanging on to other Nosler bullets, for the time being. To mitigate future issues, I have begun load ladders for other hunting bullets.

COME ON NOSLER!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts