6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a little hike up to a place called Sperry Peak in the North Cascades of Washington State. There was still a bit of snow up there.

Tried to post a video, but I don't know how. Here's a hand full of pictures. It was still winter up there. We didn't climb up the cliffs in the first picture, we basically went all the way around to the other side and came up the ridge on the right skyline. Pretty cool climb and I'm sore as hell.

Sperry Peak from near the trailhead:

My buddy Derek belaying me up:

Second Pitch:

Looking East from the Summit of Sperry Peak in the North Cascades of Washington State:

Looking West from below Sperry's Summit:

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Awesomeness!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I took a little hike up to a place called Sperry Peak in the North Cascades of Washington State. There was still a bit of snow up there.

Tried to post a video, but I don't know how. Here's a hand full of pictures. It was still winter up there. We didn't climb up the cliffs in the first picture, we basically went all the way around to the other side and came up the ridge on the right skyline. Pretty cool climb and I'm sore as hell.

Second Pitch:

Looking East from the Summit of Sperry Peak in the North Cascades of Washington State:

Looks like one hell of a blizzard!:a05::a39:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Nice. Was just up in Snoqualmie pass on Saturday with the kids who were quite happy to find that there is still snow on the trail. I'm looking forward to getting back into the wilderness areas when the kids get a bit older.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Sweet for sure!

any body in for a 3rd time looky,lol.

Second Pitch:

·
Administrator
22,078 Posts
Yup, it am purdy here in WA State. Shame we have so many two-legged turds messin' the place up.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Great pictures!!! I can't wait for the snow to melt off enough I can get out and do some hiking and camping in the higher elevations.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts