6.8 SPC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 101 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Interesting, I just read his plan for ending gun violence, cannot agree on the banning of AR's myself. However, I doubt it will ever come to pass, it is one thing to say it, another to get it through the house and senate and the senate has veto power over the president. Appreciate the heads up though, I will have to keep a closer eye on where this actually goes..
I don't think much of his rhetoric will ever come to pass either. He will never get it past the senate. Manchin has already said he will not vote for any of Biden's leftist nonsense or for any gun control measures. Given how WV voted I really look for him to switch parties. Biden can attempt the EO end around but the supreme court won't let him get away with much there either.

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
This post and all below directly from the Biden website
Get weapons of war off our streets.
The bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that Biden, along with Senator Feinstein, secured in 1994 reduced the lethality of mass shootings. But, in order to secure the passage of the bans, they had to agree to a 10-year sunset provision and when the time came, the Bush Administration failed to extend them. As president, Biden will:

• Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
  • Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
  • Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
  • Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions. Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons. Federal law defines categories of individuals who are prohibited from purchasing or possessing firearms, and the federal background check system is an effective tool for ensuring prohibited persons cannot purchase firearms. But we lack any serious tool to ensure that when someone becomes newly prohibited – for example, because they commit a violent crime – they relinquish possession of their firearms. There are some promising models for how this could be enforced. For example, California has a mandatory process for ensuring relinquishment by any individual newly subject to a domestic violence restraining order. As president, Biden will direct the FBI and ATF to outline a model relinquishment process, enact any necessary legislation to ensure relinquishment when individuals newly fall under one of the federal prohibitions, and then provide technical and financial assistance to state and local governments to establish effective relinquishment processes on their own.

Incentivize state “extreme risk” laws.
Extreme risk laws, also called “red flag” laws, enable family members or law enforcement officials to temporarily remove an individual’s access to firearms when that individual is in crisis and poses a danger to themselves or others. Biden will incentivize the adoption of these laws by giving states funds to implement them. And, he’ll direct the U.S. Department of Justice to issue best practices and offer technical assistance to states interested in enacting an extreme risk law.

·
Registered
13,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There is much more on the Biden website , click the link at the top to read it all.

Reactions: leatherneck

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I don't think much of his rhetoric will ever come to pass either. He will never get it past the senate. Manchin has already said he will not vote for any of Biden's leftist nonsense or for any gun control measures. Given how WV voted I really look for him to switch parties. Biden can attempt the EO end around but the supreme court won't let him get away with much there either.
I agree with you about Manchin. II don't know if he'll switch parties, but he could be the Democrats Mitt Romney of Jeff Flake.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Considering the power struggle that is occurring now within the progressive party, I suspect that their initial overreach will be extensive. They will go all in and then negotiate to settle for concessions.
I suspect a full on ban of future AR sales and any related parts. Other guns purchase will be limited to 1/month at brick and mortar stores, no sales online. I suspect that they will try to also either ban or limit online purchase of ammo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Biden's website makes it pretty clear he is anti-gun on numerous fronts. This from a guy who suggests police shoot suspects in the leg rather than use lethal force in situation that otherwise warrant it. He also suggested you take your shotgun outside and loose a couple rounds into the air if your house is being broken into.

If we are lucky and the Senate stays republican majority after the GA runoffs, not too much dramatic is likely to happen. I sent some money off already to try and help as I would rather do that than be faced with buying a bunch of tax stamps.

As far as the democrats in the Senate and house being worried about losing future elections because they went too far with gun control legislation, I don't believe it. 50.01% in the election is a mandate as far as either party are concerned. Main stream media never once raised gun control in the presidential debates or town halls. They purposely skirted the issue to avoid making their candidate(s) potentially look bad to some voters. Senator elect Mark Kelly in AZ is a perfect example as are the Bloomberg paid ads for those he supported. Both have a known strong gun control agenda, but neither cared to mention it in their campaign or ads. Apparently 2nd amendment issues aren't a high priority with a lot of voters, or else a lot of voters are naïve/ uninformed on the topic. Here in WA state, the legislature regularly passes tax increases of all kinds and the voter regularly pass referendums denouncing the new taxes. However, the voters here in WA never seem to realize it is the legislature they voted in that is passing the tax increases they don't want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, if they come for my guns, I probably will die on my front lawn, but I will die an American. I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution, I aim to keep it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My concern is illegal immigration, over the past 3 decades the competition from these people are putting a financial hurt on people like me. They have transformed the demographics in the states I have spent 3 decades working in on the east coast. And now that I’m old and my body is beat to shit, Obama care scares the shit out of me as before trump got rid of the mandate it had wiped out my savings account...
If your a self employed working man in America today, you have to fight to stay alive.
I’m not worried about sweeping unconstitutional gun control, with prob 100million gun owners and who knows how many rounds stock piled through the country,,, it wouldn’t take much to light that candle and they know that.
Do I think they care?, no
I just keep counting my days left and calculating if I can make it.
But social media is A potential powder keg waiting to blow this suker wide open

·
Registered
28 Posts
  • Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.

For those of you that can afford to buy more than one a month can we be friends??? Or at least offer a couple of tips on stocks to invest in :)
This is probably the longest comment I've made on here since joining a few years back. I'm an adult black male, not big into politics, don't sway heavily to the left or right, etc. Probably the single hardest job in the US is being president. The idea of "one person" attempting to please every citizen is impossible. No matter what a president signs in to legislation, no matter how many people he/she pardons, no matter how many medals of honor he/she gives out, no matter how taxes go, no matter....no matter...no matter...there will ALWAYS be citizens that suffer and those that benefit while attempting to maintain balance. I understand that. I also understand that both republicans and democrats can not rule indefinitely...thus we have elections. As a black male, do I believe in the constitution? Yes. Do I believe the constitution believes in me (as a black male)? No not 100%. 4 years ago I learned there are people that consider themselves "1 idea voters" and those were primarily gun advocates. I myself am pro 2A but I have to analyze all ideologies overall and not focus on 1 issue. Under republicans, I've had successful friends lose a lot and under democratic rule I've had friends lose a lot. It's a matter of picking your poison I guess. Any person running for office will ALWAYS say the right things to get votes and put themselves in office, but the decades of those elected have shown it's usually just gibberish.

Honestly, I hate (I don't like to use that word) the state of the union as it currently is amongst left and right. My entire life I was taught to treat people fair, etc. and here I am living in a community where people fuss and argue over other people stealing presidential signs out of their yards. It saddens me. If we can't come together as citizens how can we overcome? I love my "airsoft toys," ;) ALL of them and NO I don't want them taken away and NO I won't turn them in (that's just dumb and honestly I laugh everytime I hear a politician say that).

I said all of that to say as I previously said "For those of you that can afford to buy more than one a month can we be friends??? Or at least offer a couple of tips on stocks to invest in :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

For those of you that can afford to buy more than one a month can we be friends??? Or at least offer a couple of tips on stocks to invest in :)
This is probably the longest comment I've made on here since joining a few years back. I'm an adult black male, not big into politics, don't sway heavily to the left or right, etc. Probably the single hardest job in the US is being president. The idea of "one person" attempting to please every citizen is impossible. No matter what a president signs in to legislation, no matter how many people he/she pardons, no matter how many medals of honor he/she gives out, no matter how taxes go, no matter....no matter...no matter...there will ALWAYS be citizens that suffer and those that benefit while attempting to maintain balance. I understand that. I also understand that both republicans and democrats can not rule indefinitely...thus we have elections. As a black male, do I believe in the constitution? Yes. Do I believe the constitution believes in me (as a black male)? No not 100%. 4 years ago I learned there are people that consider themselves "1 idea voters" and those were primarily gun advocates. I myself am pro 2A but I have to analyze all ideologies overall and not focus on 1 issue. Under republicans, I've had successful friends lose a lot and under democratic rule I've had friends lose a lot. It's a matter of picking your poison I guess. Any person running for office will ALWAYS say the right things to get votes and put themselves in office, but the decades of those elected have shown it's usually just gibberish.

Honestly, I hate (I don't like to use that word) the state of the union as it currently is amongst left and right. My entire life I was taught to treat people fair, etc. and here I am living in a community where people fuss and argue over other people stealing presidential signs out of their yards. It saddens me. If we can't come together as citizens how can we overcome? I love my "airsoft toys," ;) ALL of them and NO I don't want them taken away and NO I won't turn them in (that's just dumb and honestly I laugh everytime I hear a politician say that).

I said all of that to say as I previously said "For those of you that can afford to buy more than one a month can we be friends??? Or at least offer a couple of tips on stocks to invest in :)
"Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one."

This doesn't mean what you think it means. And it's just another step towards ultimately outlawing and removing firearms from society. It's all a bunch of bullshit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
90% of what presidents promise is above their power to deliver alone. Over my lifetime we have expanded powers of the executive branch and that needs to stop. Focus on legislature and if this stuff comes up make sure we are heard. I have a feeling the house will flip next election so no doubt they will try to push stuff through and make new laws on legislation process.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Do not think the Anti-2nd Amendment people are giving up. Good possibility the "One Slice at a Time" agenda is still effective. Would not like to see a return to the Clinton Liberal Persecution of the 2nd Amendment. Waco is a horrid example of the worst of it. Feds could have Koresh at anytime. He went solo jogging everyday, went into town alone 3+ times a week. Professionals would have sent 5 experienced men and taken Koresh without any fuss or THAT horrible massacre. A Black Stain on America. Americans should never be attacked by their fellow citizens in the Military.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts