6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had a problem with the tips breaking off?

I've never used a TTSX bullet before but have used many A-max and have been told directly by manufacturers NOT to use them in a gas gun due to the tips breaking off and potentially leading to a stoppage.

I see the TTSX bullets here are very popular---are these just CYA statements or are Barnes tips a bit more robust?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive never had any problems, the 95gr TTSX was made specifically for the 6.8.
I have a 22" bison/ a 1:11 twist , and want to hunt with my 6.8. Deer and a few hogs. i`ve been reading here and liking the barnes 85gr ,95gr and the 110 gr bullets. I plan on handloading.Any preference on which gr bullet choice for each animal ? Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I have a 22" bison/ a 1:11 twist , and want to hunt with my 6.8. Deer and a few hogs. i`ve been reading here and liking the barnes 85gr ,95gr and the 110 gr bullets. I plan on handloading.Any preference on which gr bullet choice for each animal ? Thanks, Gary
I wouldn't use the 85gr, I've taken deer with both the 95ttsx and the 110gr accubond, which 110gr bullet were you looking at using?

I haven't killed any hogs so you'll have to get that info from someone else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
To the OP, dont mean to sky-jack your thread pal.Was referring to the barnes 110gr ttsx. Is my thinking correct in using them on hogs with the 22" 1:11 barrel ? (Mentioned the tsx 85`s `cause I have a box of them.What are they best known to be used for )? `yotes possibly .

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
To the OP, dont mean to sky-jack your thread pal.Was referring to the barnes 110gr ttsx. Is my thinking correct in using them on hogs with the 22" 1:11 barrel ? (Mentioned the tsx 85`s `cause I have a box of them.What are they best known to be used for )? `yotes possibly .
I only use the 110g TTSX bullets in my bolt action rifles due to being able to load out further than for my semi-auto assault weapons :)a32:)! Deadly accurate as are the 95g TTSX in all my rifles. The 110g TSX (non tipped)load and shoot well in both actions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts