6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Received my Gold Dots today and they look good. They're clean and no sealer residue, unlike the last ones that I ordered elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Still available.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought about ordering some but let the reviews scare me away. Several people said they were not a Gold Dot but another bullet. Glad they sound good.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I thought about ordering some but let the reviews scare me away. Several people said they were not a Gold Dot but another bullet. Glad they sound good.
They are not the same exact bullet as the boxed gold dot bullets. These are the contract bullets used in the Federal XM68GD ammo. The GD stands for Gold Dot. They have a cannelure and are not the dull finish, only difference. Great deal nowadays!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The 90's you get are gold dots with the XM68GD cannalure.

However one of the boxes I got was 115gr FMJ
The box said 90gr gold dot like the rest. However the projectile looks just like the 115gr MSR Federal projectile. Except its an FMJ version of it.
Thankfully I had ordered them late Nov, Midway said they were lost in the mail 2 weeks later and gave me a full refund. They showed up yesterday in a box that looks like it went around the world to get here lol. 1.5 months floating around in the postal system. But i'll take any free bullets :)

·
Registered
8,840 Posts
Yeah, I picked up both the TNT and GD and got free shipping on both as they put them up at the same time they had free shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was trying to order some dies and some 120gr sierra game king bullets and I accidentally messed up my billing address. There was nothing customer service could do to correct it, so after waiting in the queue for 20min to be told to cancel the order and start over the bullets had been all bought up. But at least I got my dies and gold dots. Lol that being said I need a good white tail round. Anyone have any suggestions? I bought some 130gr nosler partitions to try. But I fear that's a little heavy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 90's you get are gold dots with the XM68GD cannalure.

However one of the boxes I got was 115gr FMJ
The box said 90gr gold dot like the rest. However the projectile looks just like the 115gr MSR Federal projectile. Except its an FMJ version of it.
Thankfully I had ordered them late Nov, Midway said they were lost in the mail 2 weeks later and gave me a full refund. They showed up yesterday in a box that looks like it went around the world to get here lol. 1.5 months floating around in the postal system. But i'll take any free bullets :)
Yamaraja, heads up on those 115 gr. FMJs, they vary in weight by as much a 4 gr. or 115 gr. +/- 2 gr. Not tenths but whole grains. I ordered the 90 gr. Gold Dots back in November and received the same 115 gr. projectiles. I weighed them and sent them back. Bearing surface and ogive placement was all over the place too. Fast forward a month, after speaking with Midway customer service this time I ordered the TNTs and the Gold Dots again. I received the TNTs with a cannelure and the XM68 type gold 90 gr. soft points. The majority of the TNTs fell within 5/10s grain the contract overrun Gold Dots had a bigger swing but the majority spread was within 6/10s of a grain, with a hand full of outliers. Measuring a sample size of 100 commercially available 90 gr. Gold Dots, the weights were more consistent, within a 2/10s gr. spread. Limited sample size your mileage may vary. Feeling confident Midway had straightened out thier inventory issue, I ordered another 500 of the XM68 type 90 gainers. I just got my order, yup, they were the 115 gr. FMJs again. Just had to laugh and send them back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts