6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone shoot Federal American Eagle 90gr.tnt ammo . Just ordered some for my new 6.8 . How does it perform on varmints ? I have good luck with it in 223 hopefully the same with the 6.8.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Does anyone shoot Federal American Eagle 90gr.tnt ammo . Just ordered some for my new 6.8 . How does it perform on varmints ? I have good luck with it in 223 hopefully the same with the 6.8.
Some people say they are designed for 270 and don't work at 6.8 velosisity and others say they are great . X man's tests in 6.8 bullet performance are usually pretty accurate and he shows they turn sideways and fragment leaving the tip intact . ___ They are very accurate out of my ARP barrels and I have ordered a couple hundred of the bullets to load . My experience with armidello has been they blow big holes but I don't know how effective they are at long range on thin skinned animals .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
haven't used it on varmints, been using it as a cheap range round. Its been pretty good so far for that purpose. Pretty consistent and accurate. I can usually put multiple shots thru the same hole at 100 yards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I shoot the Federal American Eagle 90gr TNT loaded ammo for varmint control on my farm. Use it as my main “control” round for hogs, coyotes, armadillos, otters, etc. Probably have shot 1k rounds or so of this ammo.
Definitely effective on the smaller varmints, but may take a few hits to finish off a larger boar. My typical shots are 150 to 250 yds using a 16” ARP and thermal set-up.
As stated above, this is accurate and consistent ammo. Online prices were at or just below $35/50 rds before all the craziness, and has been hard to find until just recently and now with a price increase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks , E. TX Trash ,,, just shooting varmints ( ground hogs, skunks , hopefully coyotes . ) and other unwanted pest on the farm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts