·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Nice deer.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
At this point I have a remington 700 I'm hunting with. It's a light tactical. I don't know if they made many of them. I think after I get my extreme uppers I am going to make a couple custom bolt guns in 6.8. I'm going to talk to Tim at the shot show about cutting some chambers for me, or maybe constructors chamber. I love the lack of recoil. My little bolt gun shoots .5 inch at 100 yards, so I'm liking it alot. I would love to be able to hand load them hotter to there potential. That would make me really happy. Custom 1 in 12 barrel, new chamber. I can't wait to hunt with a 6.8 AR.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Thats a nice looking rifle, I really like how the remington bolts guns have been shooting. I have a new Rem 700 compact tactical I wrote about in another thread and she shoots very well for a factory rifle using factory ammo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice buck. Rifle looks handy and well setup for hunting. If you would please, when you get the chance, tell us a little about the hunt, setup and shot. You know, all the good details.
thx Greg/buellist

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hunt in Unionville,Tn. I built a shooting house out of cedar trees for legs and old privacy fence panels for the sides. It is looking over a field that is about 150 yards wide by 480 yards long. We planted wheat in the closest part of the field. I got in the stand at 4:40am. At daylight I had 3 little bucks already in the field. About 30 minutes later does started arriving. Those little bucks chased does until 11:20. The does came in and out of the field all morning. It's hard to say how many deer I saw all day, the most that was in the field at one time was 13. At 11:50 everything left the field. I had plans to be some where at 2:00 so I was about to climb down and then a little 8 point chased a doe in full run across the field never stopping. So I text my wife telling her I was staying till dark. After I decided to stay I didn't see anything from 11:50 to 1:00. So I was regretting my choice, I was bored to death. Then 50 yards away at the top of the field right beside me. I looked up and it's the 9 point walking real slow down the edge of the field. It got about 70 yards away and I waited for it to stop, and took the shot. He took zero steps. I shot him and he stood strait up on his hind legs and fell over backwards on his back. Kicked once or twice and that was it. I wish I would of had a video going. I have never shot one and it did this. The sierra pro went in perfectly. I am tickled with this little round.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Beautiful deer, I'm hopin mine can strike a TN deer that big but locally that would be a huuuge buck to take and pretty hard to find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts