6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my frame today. Really like it. As soon as I find some decent instructions will attempt to finish it. Leaning towards mating a G17

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Looks like an interesting project. Keep us posted. Eager to see pictures of your progress.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
where did you purchase this at?

might like to play around with one myself and out a use to all these gloss parts i have laying around here.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sold, besides I was looking for a new project anyways....and a new pistol....and I've been to their armory course.... not to hijack but when I get mine up and running mind if I post here too?

A video I found

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Grgtt67HF6R1YV9HA&sig2=6qIi_I8zkCicBgQhH_7T7Q

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Don't mind at all. I am waiting to get more real world feedback before I attempt mine. Plus I have to save up for the rest of the components so won't start milling it for a few months

·
Registered
362 Posts
I likely won't start till mid summer either. I gotta drag my press outa storage ect.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Harbor freight will get you going in a press and vise for around 250ish. Clip that 20% off cupon from the newspaper.....maybe a bit less. It might not last till your kids have kids but it works for now

·
Registered
362 Posts
[Link]https://youtu.be/KA6Hou_t2FE[link]

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just bought a used G17 slide. Once I have it I'll start the milling process

·
Registered
844 Posts
I just finished milling a AR frame. Be careful!!!! The red plastic jig is too flexible. The end mill can easily push the sides of the jig outward, resulting in sidewalls that are too thin. Brace the sides of the jig by placing flats of ply or one inch lumber alongside the jig when mounting in the vice. And leave a little clearance between the end mill and the side of the jig.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Getting it all setup

I used the same exact vise and it worked well. Don't expect it to be like the video where they do 1 quick pass then throw everything together and it's good lol mine took A LOT of fitting XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used the same exact vise and it worked well. Don't expect it to be like the video where they do 1 quick pass then throw everything together and it's good lol mine took A LOT of fitting XD

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
Good to know. Thanks. I plan on taking my time.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just finished milling a AR frame. Be careful!!!! The red plastic jig is too flexible. The end mill can easily push the sides of the jig outward, resulting in sidewalls that are too thin. Brace the sides of the jig by placing flats of ply or one inch lumber alongside the jig when mounting in the vice. And leave a little clearance between the end mill and the side of the jig.
Thanks Walt but this is a glock frame so not milling anything like a trigger pocket. Just taking out some material from the top of the frame where the slide goes on and drilling a few holes mainly and milling out two back rail slots

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Finished the frame and was able to fit the slide. Fairly straight forward. My rear slide rails were to shallow and narrow so took my time milling them deeper and wider. Now need to buy a frame parts kit.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.