6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With my new wildcat endeavors, being able to anneal cases is a must so I did some research and came across some plans from an Australian shooting forum, so I decided to put one together. I'm just waiting on some tempilaq to get the time right for the various calibers I will use this for, but several dry runs of different cases show that its going to work out very well!

All of the materials together came in at a very reasonable $76.49!

Here's one of the dry runs I made, showing how it works:

And for all of my friends here at 68F, Here's the plans and parts list:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bb_cm10J8urCM2PtKql8VyHtGlovTeI3RnAj7xa0eX0/edit

ETA: Wiring info and other pics

Inside view of the Annealer:

Close ups of the back plate for the speed controllers and power supply:

Wiring is pretty simple. Connect + to + and - to - between the motors and the controls as well as the controls to the power supply.

Here's a close up of the main drum coupler (don't mind the excessive washers, they hardware store was out of the spacers I needed):

Torch holder and Case Stop:

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
My kid bro loves to build things and is good at it. This will be his next project. Perfect, Thanks much.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That is pretty awesome! I know it took a lot of time to make that come together and work. You are a pretty talented. You should have put a patent on that.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is pretty awesome! I know it took a lot of time to make that come together and work. You are a pretty talented. You should have put a patent on that.
It wasn't my idea, I just converted it from metric, and built it. I'm just lookin to help out my neighbors!

·
10,536 Posts
Very cool. Saves me some engineering.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That is awesome. Definitely going to build this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
It wasn't my idea, I just converted it from metric, and built it. I'm just lookin to help out my neighbors!

Been watching the thread on these over on arfcom since OCT. , bunch of good info . The on the perks my intrest is the 1 on page 2 or 3 as is small and perfect to turn your case feeder around to feed it

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Going to build one too , thanks for the parts list :)

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Very nice. Exactly why I love this site.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts