6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5 shots using xm68gd with an eotech no magnification and a 3 stage $.02 trigger. I was super impressed with this group out of this short little barrel....:a15:

·
Super Moderator
21,652 Posts
Love a successful function test. Congrats on the working BCG.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love a successful function test. Congrats on the working BCG.
Thanks big guy. I knew the 12.5" ARP barrels where shooting really good but I didn't know what to expect from the 7.2" and now that I have it working good it is quickly becoming my favorite. :a16:

·
Super Moderator
5,982 Posts
Nice job!!

I have had an 8.2" barrel for awhile and started to sell it but decided to build it. Put it together last week. I've got a separate lower for it which will have a KAK pistol tube in FDE and a magpul FDE grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good looking pistol. I like the engraving on the magwell too. How do like that flash suppressor on the short barrel? or have you got to shoot it yet? I have a brt on mine and I hate to say it but the first time I shot it I was concentrating so much on how it was going to function and other things that I forgot to put my ear protection on. Surprisingly, it did not make my ears ring like a regular pistol.

·
Super Moderator
5,982 Posts
Its loud and I don't think I would want to shoot it without hearing protection. I thought about putting a flash can or BRT on it to push the blast down range. I've got an Elite Iron 6.8 suppressor and called Dale Poling about the 8.2" barrel. He confirmed I could shoot it on that barrel and it would hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Nice shootin.
Man i need to get my MDWS 10.5" together soon and have some fun and ready for this huntin season.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
First run of MDWS 7.2" barrels

Mine shoots well

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, those MDWS 7.2" 6.8spc barrels are shooters, I've got mine set up to shot 5 shots touching @ 100yards with 110AB bullets..they are fun and a blast too shoot....bets of all is the customer service that comes with the barrel FREE of charge ;-}

Good to know that it is capable of better. What kind of velocity are you getting out of the 110's?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Good to know that it is capable of better. What kind of velocity are you getting out of the 110's?
I'm getting 2255 with aa2200 but I'm playing with faster burning powders to see how it affects accuracy and velocity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts