6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the range yesterday with my dad and his new Savage Desert Tactical in 6mm Creedmoor. He was zeroing his new Eliminator V before configuring it with the ranging capabilities. He shot multiple groups and then started getting tired and starting to open the groups up. He started to put it away and I told him hold on as I hadn't shot the gun yet.

I pulled 3 rounds out of a box of Hornady Black 105 gr BTHP 6mm Creedmoor ammo and loaded the mag. The 3 shots were fired in probably 45 seconds or less and this turned in the best group I have ever fired at 100 yards. ~ .318

Light Product Watch Material property Clock

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The center to center would have been about .075

Reactions: earlytom

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only have a few over 40 rounds through the gun and I have only done 3 of those rounds. My dad seems to have some difficulty chambering rounds but he is 93 years old and using a Caldwell DFT rifle rest which he does not fit as it is too long for him. Not sure on him having any ejection problems as the ones I saw cleared the action just fine.

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, it surprised me especially at how fast I shot the rounds probably goes to show how if you try too hard you can really screw it up.

Reactions: earlytom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts