6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the range yesterday with my dad and his new Savage Desert Tactical in 6mm Creedmoor. He was zeroing his new Eliminator V before configuring it with the ranging capabilities. He shot multiple groups and then started getting tired and starting to open the groups up. He started to put it away and I told him hold on as I hadn't shot the gun yet.

I pulled 3 rounds out of a box of Hornady Black 105 gr BTHP 6mm Creedmoor ammo and loaded the mag. The 3 shots were fired in probably 45 seconds or less and this turned in the best group I have ever fired at 100 yards. ~ .318

Light Product Watch Material property Clock

· Super Moderator
1,911 Posts
Similar grouping experience with my 6.5C PRS build. 0.2-0.3" groups. I was [happily] floored. When I got into it April 2021 I probably would have gone 6C if components were available, but getting started in a new caliber at that point in history was challenging.

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. The center to center would have been about .075

Reactions: earlytom

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Have you had any feeding / extraction issues? I have the Savage Elite Precision in 6mm Creedmoor. Love the gun, super accurate and a joy to shoot, but it doesn't feed reliability - it frequently spins the spent case around but leaves it in the action. I have some small parts to try swapping out but am curious if you observed any of this behavior with yours.

FWIW, I've taken the 6mm Creed out to 1,200 yards and it was almost like I didn't even have to try hard to hit the target. Of course, a good scope and a ballistics calculator (Kestrel) were part of the solution.

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only have a few over 40 rounds through the gun and I have only done 3 of those rounds. My dad seems to have some difficulty chambering rounds but he is 93 years old and using a Caldwell DFT rifle rest which he does not fit as it is too long for him. Not sure on him having any ejection problems as the ones I saw cleared the action just fine.

· Registered
168 Posts
DAMMIT MAN... Heckuva group! Nice shooting and congrats on the bug-sized group!

· Registered
9,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, it surprised me especially at how fast I shot the rounds probably goes to show how if you try too hard you can really screw it up.

Reactions: earlytom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts