6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking around floridaguntrader dot com and spotted this large lot of ammo for sale. Not mine. Kinda pricey. Figured I'd mention it on the off chance someone really hurting for ammo. -K

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Thanks for posting but I hope no one needs ammo bad enough to pay those prices. This whole ammo shortage is just about the same as the TP shortages. People are hording making it harder for everyone else. Manufacturer's prices are still the same as always when you can get it. I bought a case of .223 55gr ball ammo the other day from Davidson's for $332.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Thanks for posting but I hope no one needs ammo bad enough to pay those prices. This whole ammo shortage is just about the same as the TP shortages. People are hording making it harder for everyone else. Manufacturer's prices are still the same as always when you can get it. I bought a case of .223 55gr ball ammo the other day from Davidson's for $332.
What or who are Davidson? Can you post their website please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
What or who are Davidson? Can you post their website please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wholesale distributor. Point was that 6 months ago from the same distributor that ammo was $299 a case. Went up about $30, not $200. People are hoarding and price gouging on ammo and it has gone up very little from the manufacturers and distributors.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Interesting article I got from Powder Valley on the subject (focused on primer shortages). They point to lack of primers due to mostly 1) Remington bankruptcy 2) lack of inventory from foreign suppliers. Not necessarily hoarders. Good read.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Interesting article I got from Powder Valley on the subject (focused on primer shortages). They point to lack of primers due to mostly 1) Remington bankruptcy 2) lack of inventory from foreign suppliers. Not necessarily hoarders. Good read.

I read the article earlier. I disagree with most of what they said. Did Remington shut down production because of the bankruptcy? Filing for bankruptcy doesn't usually mean ceasing production. If shortage of primers were the cause of the "shortage" of ammo then wouldn't the price of the ammo from the manufacturer be higher? It isn't.
I think the "experts" at powder valley are making it up as they go or guessing.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did Remington shut down production because of the bankruptcy? Filing for bankruptcy doesn't usually mean ceasing production.
“Some of their production capacity” is what I read, not all of it. I can imagine in a bankruptcy situation where suppliers are hesitant to deliver raw materials as they are paid last. PV has been a reliable source of powder/primers for me over the years, but I can’t back their claims in this article, I’m but a humble consumer.

“The Remington bankruptcy has had a large impact on the shortage of ammo and primers. With Remington in a state of financial insolvency for the past two years, suppliers were demanding payment upon delivery for products. Remington simply did not have the financial capabilities to have an abundance of raw materials on hand and had to shutter some of their production capacity.”

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I too hope no one will enrich the jerk that has posted that stuff up. I don't deal with a specific retailer that tried to rip off consumers on magazines several years back and people that will do that to you will cheat their own family also.

Reactions: Str8ShootAR1550

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I hope someone with time and computer skills starts a list of the worst carpet baggers so we can use it in making decisions on who to buy from when and if things ever settle down .

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I think George Soros is buying all the ammo and giving it to antifa.... I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That does sound crazy but I wouldn't doubt that nut job doing it. Anything to advance his agenda,

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe making primers are regulated on how many you can make daily, don’t quote me, and then having to deal with possible labor shortages as I assume that not just any joe shmo can walk into a job making primers and pro. Requires background check type clearance maybe? Just speculating as it is a type of explosive I believe? Again speculation. Then I though aren’t there only 2-3 places that make primers and if so what type of back orders do they have from people like federal, Winchester etc to make all there Ammo that’s flying off the shelves. Then the imports, I think overseas are dealing with the same covid regulations on labor and distancing.
I think the shortage has a lot more to do with the the virus and big Ammo consuming primers than hoarding of primers
But all speculation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts