6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harrison......does ARP have any 6 x 45 barrels in stock? If not, any plans to make some soon?
Perhaps you could recommend other sources?
Thanks....

·
Registered
98 Posts
6x45 barrel

I got mine from Black holes weapons, it's a three grove polygonal barrel, my first one was very very accurate. I haven't had time to shoot my second one in yet! A 300Bo will fit in the chamber of a 6x45 and you can fire the 300BO.. you will not like what happens next!! trust me on that;. it is a very accurate round. and brass is cheap! (necked up 5.56 to .243) then annealing is next.

·
Registered
238 Posts
There is also a new wildcat from MDWS, the 6mm Mongoose, it is more capable than the 6x45. Another choice.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
The 6x45 is a great easy caliber incredibly accurate and easier to reload than the 223R parent itself (more forgiving). No fireforming needed.
It just can use a bit of extra freebore with a hand throater reamer for longer bullets and more speed although it is not 100% necessary.
The 6x45 won a few world championships back int he late 60s and 70s until the PPC and BR later became king.
Another good one is the 6mm TCU. Also can use a tad extra freebore depending on what you want to do. This needs fireforming but it is easier
than other fire formed cartriges.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice and commentary.

Ease of reloading and accuracy are my reasons for choosing the 6x45 over other "hotter" cartridges.
However, finding an affordable barrel is not so easy. I very seldom have an interest in taking a shot over 150 yards.
I prefer an 80 yard shot....for quicker travel time and less chance of target movement.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I got mine from Black Hole Weaponry. It is a great barrel. BHW really knows what they are doing and every one of the barrels that I have gotten from them has been super accurate.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BHW is a quality build. I posted the topic hoping to hear from Harrison-AR Performance......guess he isn't interested.

So, many thanks to those who shared advice and views.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts