6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
It is a little pekid in terms of velocity, but I have found them to be grood rounds, and the VMax is herd to beat in that category (varmint style, thinly jacketed, ballistic tipped, frangible bullets)

They produce about 2550 from 16" barrels. Maybe someday (when DPMS changes their chamber) Hornady will spike them to 2650 or so.

·
Registered
410 Posts
HTR said:
It is a little pekid in terms of velocity, but I have found them to be grood rounds, and the VMax is herd to beat in that category (varmint style, thinly jacketed, ballistic tipped, frangible bullets)

They produce about 2550 from 16" barrels. Maybe someday (when DPMS changes their chamber) Hornady will spike them to 2650 or so.
I would love to have a factory loaded vmax to 2650. I would really like to see Nosler make a 110gr Ballistic Tip and have SSA load them to the Accubond velocities, 2650 from a 14.7" which would be around 2700 from a 16". That would be a good round. Of course, it's hard to beat the vmax for a swat/HD role due to the bullet's tendency to not exit.

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/more_ ... D=76&pID=2

That is perfect ballistics gel shot for an HD bullet.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
rcrandall said:
HTR said:

I would love to have a factory loaded vmax to 2650. I would really like to see Nosler make a 110gr Ballistic Tip and have SSA load them to the Accubond velocities, 2650 from a 14.7" which would be around 2700 from a 16". That would be a good round. Of course, it's hard to beat the vmax for a swat/HD role due to the bullet's tendency to not exit.

http://www.hornadyle.com/products/more_ ... D=76&pID=2

That is perfect ballistics gel shot for an HD bullet.
I second that.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts