6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone shoot these out of an SBR? If so what kind of speed are you getting and have you shot any hogs with it? Thinking about buying some but can't find much about them online.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Anyone shoot these out of an SBR? If so what kind of speed are you getting and have you shot any hogs with it? Thinking about buying some but can't find much about them online.
If it shoots accurately, it should work fine. Depends on how short your SBR is. The 6.8 was designed for max efficiency in a 16" barrel, so anything less is going to take away from that. Adjust you max range accordingly and you should have no problems.

My go-to load is the Hornady 110 HPBT over 28.5 2200, #34 primer. Out of my 18" ARP that's good for 2650 fps. The original 16" RR barrel I had ran that load at about 2590 fps. A 14" SBR would probably run about 2525 fps. The Hornady load is probably not quite as fast as mine, so figure from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.