6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone own an XCR?

Thoughts on it? Reliability? Accuracy? Trigger break? Overall quality?

Are triggers parts interchangeable with an AR?

Improved chamber?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welding Rod said:
Anyone own an XCR?

Thoughts on it? Reliability? Accuracy? Trigger break? Overall quality? I shot a .223 version and it was OK. The trigger was horrible. Accuracy was OK with American Eagle 55 Gr. FMJ ammo.

Are triggers parts interchangeable with an AR? I don't know.

Improved chamber? Yes. 1:10" twist with SpecII chamber.
rcrandall has one. Send him a message and he can help. I answered what I know is correct.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I do have a 6.8 XCR. It has been a good rifle, accurate with low recoil. I like the LWRC 6.8 better because it is a bit lighter and shorter. However, the XCR is an excellent rifle if you can find it. The trigger is it's own design and not interchangeble with the AR. I find the trigger to be fine, but I am used to shooting military triggers. The chamber is an improved SSA and the bore is chrome lined with a 1x10 twist four groove barrel.

·
Registered
441 Posts
DocGKR had posted a group shot with one in 6.8 @ 100 yards. one ragged hole. I would say .40-.55 moa and with SSA SMK. Thats a respectable group to me.

Tim

·
Registered
441 Posts
Unless you really want that folding stock I would choose a gun that has an 11:1 twist barrel. While the 10:1 twist with an improved chamber can shoot slightly hotter rounds. It just makes the combat rounds, but you will still get swipes with it. It is no where near the level of performance gain you get with an 11 twist, even without the SPCII chamber. The twist is the real key not the chamber. The chamber jsut adds to it and is a quick fix for the 10 twist barrels IMHO. If you plan to shoot factory loads the 10 will work fine for you but if you want the top performance you need the 11 twist. If you really want it you could get a 11 twist barrel later. Or you could get a Kotonics and then add the PWS piston to it when Tim starts doing them.

I really think people need to stat demanding the 11 twists so the ammo companies can start putting out hotter ammo. They need to let gun manf. know that they are losing that sale becasue they choose to use less then ideal spec'd barrels with the 6.8

Tim

·
Registered
441 Posts
have you tried any of the SSA combat loads? If not it would be interesting to see the results. Whether they get swipes or not. I think they are a nice rifle. They had a chance at hitting a big contract but didn't dropped the ball on some advice. I think it s very nice design. Switch to a 1:11 or slower twist and it would be about as good as it gets. Very nice regardless.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't tried the SSA combat rounds yet - maybe I will use some of my "stimulus" money to get some.

·
Registered
441 Posts
That is sweet and it addresses just about every short coming of the AR. Its only downside is weight and parts compatibility but then if there wasn't an AR we wouldn't be looking for compatibility of parts with it. What I really like is the bolt and barrel extension. They fix those major issues and with that actaully add strength, reliability and accuracy as the bolt locks up square and the case doesn't get canted by the ejector. This of course is all from looking at the design and not fir4st hand so take it from the perspective.

Can some tell me is this a long stroke or short stroke?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts