6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 6.8 ammo stocked in stores near you? If it's not stocked locally for you, have you asked any stores to carry it?

I can't seem to find any near me in west TX. I saw some in central Arkansas. I emailed Academy Sports asking them to stock it. I don't expect them to, but maybe if they get more than 1 request, they might take notice. Just a thought. Even though it's simple enough to call up SSA directly, I think locally available ammo might help grow its popularity.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: 6.8 stocked in stores

my local privately owned gun store stocks 6.8 with SSA, Hornady, and I think they had a couple of others too. Gander Mountain and Dicks sporting Goods doesnt stock it near me. I refuse to do business with Dicks sporting goods anymore, and Gander mountain is a lot forther from my house than the small gun store.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to order all my SSA which I normally shoot but Coal Creek Armory in Knoxville TN which is my most local AR friendly place stocks Hornady V-max for $19.99 a box

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wish they would, but at a reasonable price. I asked them to check out what they would sell the SSA loads for. They came back and said $29/20 rds. I said "fella, while I prefer to support my local shop, that is just insane. I'll continue to mailorder my ammo."

But this is a FUDD shop, nary a EBR to be found there.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
Nope, hardly any AR's from what I have found also. But the gun store I deal with loves ordering stuff for me.

Ammo I buy online.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The two stores I frequent actively carry Hornady VMAX for about $20/box. One store carries a couple of REM loads and had DoubleTap (although I haven't seen it there lately). I asked my local shop to bring in BTHP, but they say they keep getting BO'd on them...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Go to SSA web site, upper right hand corner. If you get your local dealer to buy from SSA you will recieve a reward. We will give your local dealer a good prive to carry our rounds.

Art - SSA

·
Registered
108 Posts
The Gander Mountain in Sherman, TX where I often purchase a box or two if I'm in quick need carries Hornady VMax 6.8 SPC. They usually have 7 or 8 boxes on the shelf and that's it, but it's always there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
kalwasart said:
Go to SSA web site, upper right hand corner. If you get your local dealer to buy from SSA you will recieve a reward. We will give your local dealer a good prive to carry our rounds.

Art - SSA
Art, I recommended my local dealer, He's a good guy in Tupleo,MS. Just curious how much is your minimum order or dealer requirements? I really want to see this guys business succeed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kalwasart said:
I submitted my two "local" (non-chain) gunshops already. I'd like to see them give you a try. I'll be sure to encourage them next time I'm in.

·
Registered
236 Posts
kalwasart said:

Art - SSA
Done! Neat program. Good luck--Hope one of my dealers start carrying SSA.

ETA: Just added another couple. One of them had better order...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Woo hoo! Somebody is going to owe me a couple boxes of ammo and a T-shirt! :)

Got a call on Friday from a local dealer to confirm what I wanted from their opening order!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts