6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a used 6.8 upper and want to change some things. Just curious to see what set ups others went with for hunting. Let's see the rifles!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Here is my 6.8 hunting rig. It's not a light setup by any means but it works for me. I've since added a crosshill side charge upper, and will build side chargers for now on

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is my 4lb 6.8 that I built in the midst of Breaststroker's light-weight thread. Wilson Combat upper, lower, and barrel. Smoke Composites furniture, V7 bits and SSA-E trigger.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just a tip for a hunting rig

We hunt in South Texas almost exclusively. On lesson learned is wrapping hand guards with something to prevent metal on metal ting when hunting tripods. It also keeps your hands from freezing coming and going. I swapped to Troy squid grips for last year and think it will work fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

After Texaslawman I feel a little inadequate but here is my main hunting rig.
ARP 16" fluted with a JAL muzzle comp.
Aero lower with BRO trigger
Rainer Arms upper receiver
Mission First minimal stock (scorched earth, matches Magpul FDE)
Aero mount with Nikon Prostaff 7 2.5x10 42
UTG pro hand guard for now, just ordered an ALG EMR M LOK to knock a few ounces off to get it under 7lbs total again.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Larue Stealth upper
16" ARP Socom barrel
ARP headspaced NiB enhanced bolt
6.8 engraved NiB carrier
JP adjustable gas block
SilencerCo ASR Brake
ALG 15" EMR V3 rail
Leupold VXR 3-9x40 Green reticle w/ mk2 mount
PSA Lower w/ premium parts kit
Geissele SSA-E trigger
Magpul MOE rifle stock ODG
Larue A-PEG grip ODG
PRI Mags

SilencerCo Omega still in NFA jail

·
Registered
23 Posts
What do most of you prefer an adjustable stock or a fixed stock. The current build had a 20" barrel.
It depends on what you are comfortable with. I like fixed stocks because they feel more solid to me. I have tried even the locking adjustable stocks but like the fixed stock better. Also allows you to run a rifle length buffer. This set up with adjustable gas block on mid length 16" is a very smooth shooter. I have a fixed stocked (PRS) on my 20" 223 wylde also with adjustable gas and rifle length gas system which is also very smooth. The only adjustable stock I still have is waiting for when my form 1 gets approved for my 9" blk.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I seldom have to walk more than a few hundred yards to my stands or go through any brush. As a result, I have been going with fixed, rifle-length stocks, low-mass buffers and BCGs, and adjustable gas blocks adjusted to just cycle reliably. I find that as the rifle is broken in or fitted with a suppressor, I can throttle back my SLR gas blocks 3 or 4 clicks!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts