6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a member on another forum tell me that last August Magpul Industries produced and sent out 100,000 6.8 PMags to writers and dealers. Here is his quote:

100,000 were released last august to writers and dealers to feel out the market, and within the next few months barring any ill timed weapons bans they should be released to the public.

these first ones sure aren't as durable, they were formed with a thicker inner core to make up for the case thickness, but MagPull is beefing up the bottom of the mag and adding ribs. C-mags are iffy, but even the few PMAGs i was able to get my hands on feed better, and a 30 will hold 30.

keep an eye on the market, and pray Obamma don't get to itchy with his presidential decrees!
Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've not heard anything about it. And I'd imagine some of the folks here would have been on the receiving end of that 100k mags. Surely Magpul would WANT us to know they're in the works.

As I've not heard anything else, I'd have to say this is a crappy rumor (but i'd be happy to be proven wrong).

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I spoke to Drake of MagPul last SHOT SHOW personally, and he said that 6.8s and Pmags are a no go, the 6.8. does not lend itself to adaption in the Pmag.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Thanks Cold... hearing it directly from PMag definitely sets the story straight.

Check out the related thread about the new "Tango Down" mags. We need to do another email campaign to TD showing interest for a 6.8 mag.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have read, I am not anticipating the PMag. I was just trying to validate this members statement. There is a little conversation on the Guns and Ammo Shooting Forum (http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeromain) on the 6.8 and some of his points just don't equate to what I have read here.

Plus I want to keep the topic active on that site, the longer it is active the more people will notice it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cold said:
I spoke to Drake of MagPul last SHOT SHOW personally, and he said that 6.8s and Pmags are a no go, the 6.8. does not lend itself to adaption in the Pmag.
Yep they told me no awhile ago with no plans for development in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts