6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished off the new build, actually, this was just a complete new upper for a previous pistol build. It's a Anderson pistol lower with a SB PDW brace and a CMC single stage, flat 3.5lb trigger. For the upper, I started out with a AR Stoner receivern and parts kit, and an ARP 12.5" 3R 1 in 11 twist barrel. The adjustable gas block, and hand guard are both from Mentium USA. Magpull AFG, Sightmark light/laser combo and AAC 51T muzzle device for the SDN6 can. The optic is something new to me, I was looking at either a Burris RT6, or a Vortex Strike Eagle and I ran across these guys at RITON. Did some research and read a bunch of reviews and pulled the trigger as it were. This particular model is X3 TACTIX 1x8x24. So far so good but I need to stretch it out this weekend. That is topped off with the Burris Fast-fire III in the PEPR mount. Looks like I'll be having a SkullTac to sell here soon. Anyway thats the rig. After tuning the gas block, it ejects right out at 4 o'clock consistently and runs very smooth. I got the Fastfire zeroed in at 27 yards, and the primary optic is set for 1.5" low at 27 yards, that should get me close when I zero it in at 100 this weekend.
6.8 SHORTY.jpg
Bambi needs to be afraid, very afraid. Once I get it dialed in I'll post a range report and a solid opinion on the optic.
6.8 SHORTY.jpg

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
nice looking package. have any problems or suggestions for a fellow member with a "pistol itch" starting to be noticeable?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problems to date, first 6.8 pistol build was with a 10.5" YHM bl and that upper runs fine suppressed or without. After setting this one up with the adjustable gas block and tuning it for the loads I shoot, I would go that route as well. There is a guy that I work with that may want the 10.5" upper, if he doesn't take it I'll probably be listing it here on the forum. If your wanting to do a pistol build though, I say go for it. I whacked a nice little 8 point buck with the 10.5 on opening day last year, about a 40 yard center neck shot with a 90 grain Fusion, dead when it hit the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts