6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's all coming together now!! My 18" barrel should be in this week from Cardinal :D and as soon as my Spikes upper gets here I'll be in good shape. Now for the optics...I'm looking for a scope (probably not a fixed power) that I can use to hunt at ranges up to 300 yards and also be able to punch paper out to at least 600 with no problems. What do you guys think? What would be your top 3 choices? thanks -Brown

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The Leupold VX Series and Horus Hawk Scope are very good.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I would go with a leupold VXIII in 2-7 or so.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Mr.Brown said:
Man those Horus scopes look nice...does anyone have any experience with one?
I had the Hawk to test out and I really like it. Very light and simple.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So for someone just starting out in long range shooting what do you think will work better?? learning how to hold over or being able to dial in the wind/elev? I've been looking at the Horus website...it looks like the hawk wouldn't be too difficult to get the hang of.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Mr.Brown said:
So for someone just starting out in long range shooting what do you think will work better?? learning how to hold over or being able to dial in the wind/elev? I've been looking at the Horus website...it looks like the hawk wouldn't be too difficult to get the hang of.
The Horus is one of the easiest systems to use, especially when starting out. The only complaint is that some people think the reticle is too busy, which I don't agree with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have to buy these Horus scopes direct from them online or does anyone know of any other distributor? I really like the Hawk H425 reticle but I would like to put my hands on one before I order..

·
Registered
0 Posts
pretty slick scope. How was the overall quality?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Mr.Brown said:
Do you have to buy these Horus scopes direct from them online or does anyone know of any other distributor? I really like the Hawk H425 reticle but I would like to put my hands on one before I order..
Grant from G&R TActical sells them. There is also a guy on Snipers Hide that sells them.

·
Registered
0 Posts
taking out the range mechanism... which would be a better selection between the Burris XTR, Horus or a Mark 2 Leupold

Target and hunting would be the general use????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts