6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Welcome from SE GA!

Was out that way just before the hurricanes visiting my bro in law who's a Coastie in Lake Charles

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Good ole mini. Always wanted one in 6.8.

Welcome to the fray from TX

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
be safe, remember that is most likely not a SPCII barrel

·
Registered
232 Posts
Howdy from Western Ohio. Love my Ruger Ranch Rifle in 6.8 SPC. Going to get a second one in a couple of days. Hard to find and if you do find one, they are usually at a premium price. FRANK T is correct, be careful with the ammo you put in it, unless it has been reamed out to 6.8 SPC II. The Ruger Mini 6.8 is a straight 6.8 SPC.

Reactions: FrankT

·
Registered
399 Posts
Good ole mini. Always wanted one in 6.8.

Welcome to the fray from TX
They are rare as hens teeth. Only made from 2007 to 2012. Not sure how many were made.
I've got one!
Live it!
I'm across the Red from Wichita Falls area of sw OK.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
They are rare as hens teeth. Only made from 2007 to 2012. Not sure how many were made.
I've got one!
Live it!
I'm across the Red from Wichita Falls area of sw OK.
I am holding out for a 700 in 6.8 that doesn't cost a arm and a leg, but built a 68 bolt gun from a savage action.

I pass through that area one or twice a year. Miss Wassman has family is Lawton, the Indian sid of the fam.

I even night hunted pigs with a couple of four members years ago.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I am holding out for a 700 in 6.8 that doesn't cost a arm and a leg, but built a 68 bolt gun from a savage action.

I pass through that area one or twice a year. Miss Wassman has family is Lawton, the Indian sid of the fam.

I even night hunted pigs with a couple of four members years ago.
No doubt about it! We have pigs!
In fact, that's how I got into the 6.8mm.
I had been dragging my grampa Marlin 336 through thickets, busting hogs. It was beginning to show the wear and tear.
A visit to a LGS and looking at a Ruger Mini-14, the owner suggested the Ruger Ranch in 6.8mm! I ordered one. Love it.
Bless Rugers heart, they never released more than a 5 round mag. Because of that, I built a 6.8mm AR. It's now my "go to" deer rifle.
If I wanted a .277" bolt gun, I'd stick with my .270 Win.

Ever see all the elk out on the Fort Sill parade grounds?
Some awesome bulls!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts