6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted on new member intro forum but thought I'd share this here too -

Had a Noveske 7.5" barrel and KAC URX 3.0 8" rail fall into my hands and that made me decide I needed to build a 6.8, was a good decision :)

Now I'm thinking I need a 6.8 barrel for my LMT too, have to decide between 12.5" and 16"

Only have a few mags through this but I was very pleasantly surprised it ran like a champ from the get go with Hornady black and very soft recoil, haven't had a chance to test for accuracy other than offhand groups at 50 yds were pretty good.

Had to use Aero .308 BAR shims to time the URX handguard which bugged my OCD a bit but it worked and it's not gonna move, like the look and feel of the handguard too much to use something else

Any suggestions/improvements please let me know. Also, which LMT barrel should I use for my MRP upper if I go that way, 16" or 12.5" I have access to both

Here's the details:

Noveske single screw non-adjustable gas block
SB PDW Pistol brace assembly
H2 buffer and standard Noveske carbine spring
KAC URX 3 8" rail with Smith Vortex extended flash hider (off a Colt 901 originally) to get the flash past the rail
RCA carrier with LWRC advanced combat bolt
Comp M4S with SKD riser and Aimpoint 3x magnifier on Scalarworks 1.93" LEAP mount
Aero factory anodized ODG receiver set
Arisaka hand stop
K2+ grip
PRI mag
Scout light with Modbutton mount
BAD safety and mag catch
Larue MBT-2S trigger
Geissele Airborne CH

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Luggage and bags Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good looking setup. I have a 11.5" SBR that lives suppressed and I have hunted with it, very handy.
thanks looking forward to getting some cheaper ammo and putting it through some more testing, might become the tennis racket case car pistol and go in the home defense lineup :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
thanks looking forward to getting some cheaper ammo and putting it through some more testing, might become the tennis racket case car pistol and go in the home defense lineup :)
Is cheap 6.8 ammo really a thing these days? Honestly curious. I can't find 6.8 bullets in stock, and everyone wants at least a buck a round for FMJ factory ammo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is cheap 6.8 ammo really a thing these days? Honestly curious. I can't find 6.8 bullets in stock, and everyone wants at least a buck a round for FMJ factory ammo.
PPU has been very steady around .85-.88 per round on ammoseek, S&B has been in the .95 range, and Hornady black 1.50-1.70. I'd rather shoot the .85 as I mostly have the Hornady that's why I said "cheaper" as I wouldn't call any of it cheap :) Wolf 6.5 Grendel is around .65 thought it's steelcase, wish I could get 6.8 for that price

·
Registered
251 Posts
PPU has been very steady around .85-.88 per round on ammoseek, S&B has been in the .95 range, and Hornady black 1.50-1.70. I'd rather shoot the .85 as I mostly have the Hornady that's why I said "cheaper" as I wouldn't call any of it cheap :) Wolf 6.5 Grendel is around .65 thought it's steelcase, wish I could get 6.8 for that price
Cheaper is probably a better adjective than cheap. I'm just happy I stocked way up when XM68GD was $0.50 a round from PSA and bulk 90 gr GD were sold cheap by RMR.

·
Super Moderator
1,429 Posts
If you don't reload you can recoup some of your cost by selling your brass. Not sure what once-fired is going for nowadays but if you figure .30 per piece that's $6 per 20. Currently you might be able to get .40 per piece. There's usually no issue with moving it. Even PPU and Rem with large primer pockets seem to move.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts