6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
22,823 Posts
Otay, question. What's the difference between an "Enhanced" bolt, and a "Super" bolt?

·
Vendor
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Otay, question. What's the difference between an "Enhanced" bolt, and a "Super" bolt?
The Superbolt is going to be what Harrison designed and was only made by him. Sounds like someone is reviving that product. An Enhanced bolt is mil-spec but made with 9310. The 9310 is stronger when it comes to lugs being ripped off the bolt body.

·
Administrator
22,823 Posts
Thank you, Eric. My point in asking that question is, folks need to know the definition of terms to properly understand what they're buying. If the definition is the same, we need to know that. If the definition is different, we need to know what the difference is. It could be the maker of the new bolt should clarify this when they choose to make themselves known. It's great to see bolts coming to market.

Reactions: 270 and Strawdawg

·
Vendor
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Eric. My point in asking that question is, folks need to know the definition of terms to properly understand what they're buying. If the definition is the same, we need to know that. If the definition is different, we need to know what the difference is. It could be the maker of the new bolt should clarify this when they choose to make themselves known. It's great to see bolts coming to market.
Yes Sir.

·
Administrator
22,823 Posts
I closed the listing for the CNCs (for now) so that conversation about the new bolts can happen in this thread, since they're already being talked about, and this is a source for purchasing them. If Constructor needs the listing re-opened, he can reach out to the moderators and we can (as needed) tidy that listing up for re-opening. Congrats to all concerned.

·
Premium Member
18,693 Posts
I closed the listing for the CNCs (for now) so that conversation about the new bolts can happen in this thread, since they're already being talked about, and this is a source for purchasing them. If Constructor needs the listing re-opened, he can reach out to the moderators and we can (as needed) tidy that listing up for re-opening. Congrats to all concerned.
I'm just guessing he will have his own website too as well as being more aggressive marketing them wholesale to other shops.

·
Administrator
22,823 Posts
Ah unnerstan'. ;) (y)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Also just a suggestion for Blackstone, I would highly suggest you also consider stocking Anderson forged uppers. You can get a stripped Cerro Forged upper for $38...I used their uppers on my last two builds and the barrel extensions were very snug fits and measured 0.996 to 0.997. For the price they are hard to beat and an as long as it's machined to mil-spec it really doesn't matter. Why spend more on a receiver when you can buy more ammo?

If your not giving up quality where it matters, I say go for it! I saw that you sell Aero uppers and I have absolutely nothing against them...except I can buy a forged 7075 mil-spec for nearly a 1/3 from Anderson. Moneys getting tight for a lot of people, so focusing on quality parts that cost less will probably be very helpful in the coming days. Sure, some things you just can't make cheaper without sacrificing the quality of the part, other things are just more expensive than they need to be.

·
Vendor
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also just a suggestion for Blackstone, I would highly suggest you also consider stocking Anderson forged uppers. You can get a stripped Cerro Forged upper for $38...I used their uppers on my last two builds and the barrel extensions were very snug fits and measured 0.996 to 0.997. For the price they are hard to beat and an as long as it's machined to mil-spec it really doesn't matter. Why spend more on a receiver when you can buy more ammo?

If your not giving up quality where it matters, I say go for it! I saw that you sell Aero uppers and I have absolutely nothing against them...except I can buy a forged 7075 mil-spec for nearly a 1/3 from Anderson. Moneys getting tight for a lot of people, so focusing on quality parts that cost less will probably be very helpful in the coming days. Sure, some things you just can't make cheaper without sacrificing the quality of the part, other things are just more expensive than they need to be.
I sell the Aero because that's what I use for all my upper builds. Any upper I use or sell is trued up on a lathe because I haven't found any manufacturer that holds the tolerances that I want, Aero has been the closest. Another reason I use Aero is the fit and finish along with annodizing. When blasting before Cerakote the anodizing comes off much easier on other brands than it does on the Aero. Not saying all are that way or it happens every time but Aero has always been consistent. I don't want to try and compete with these big companies that buy cheaper parts in bulk.

Usually the prices that low are blems and I am not going to sell a blemish to a customer. Most prices I see on those are $45-70 and you are forgetting the $20 or so for the upper parts and shipping. Now the price on the Aero is $30-50 more. In my opinion the anodizing and fit/finish is worth it

I appreciate the input Sir but I want to turn out a quality product and the Aero uppers fall in line with that in my opinion. Besides I have really gotten away from selling parts only. My main focus is on complete uppers, barrels and bolts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts