6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to convert my current 5.56 to a 6.8 with the intention of eventually having 2 uppers.
Here is my current rig:
14.5" Daniel Defense CHF Barrel w/Surefire 556 device
Mega Upper and lower
Geissele SSA trigger
Non-Adj stock(changing that soon)
Sightmark Holographic sight
ALG Defense M-lok handguards

I plan to convert to 6.8 with:
ARP 16" Barrel
ARP NiB BCG
ARP Vortex muzzle device
I'm up in air on glass but it will probably be a Vortex w/50mm objective for night time hunting with lights.
Is there anything you would change or do different?

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Just curious, in addition to the parts mentioned why not buy a stripped upper, port door and forward assist, hand guard, gas block and gas tube and save your self the trouble of tearing the DD apart?

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Just curious, in addition to the parts mentioned why not buy a stripped upper, port door and forward assist, hand guard, gas block and gas tube and save your self the trouble of tearing the DD apart?
sounds easier to me, but it's not my build. reminds me that i need to put some Vortex muzzle devices on EE

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Not to mention cheaper plinking.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
sounds easier to me, but it's not my build. reminds me that i need to put some Vortex muzzle devices on EE
Same here. You could spend $150 on a stripped upper and related parts, and have another complete upper. I used an Anderson sport upper on my last build, they're around $40, but they're slick side uppers with no forward assist or port door.

·
Administrator
22,078 Posts
I too, would suggest building a complete 6.8 upper to swap calibers as needed. Don't forget to get 6.8 mags as well... yes, it does make a difference and you will need them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I too, would suggest building a complete 6.8 upper to swap calibers as needed. Don't forget to get 6.8 mags as well... yes, it does make a difference and you will need them.
I haven't forgot about them, I will definitely get 6.8 specific mags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts