6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to try this cartridge since I first heard about it. Just looking for some feed back. How does a Stag Upper, YHM mid-length 4-rail, YHM flip front and a 16" Ko-tonics barrel sound? Would anyone go with the 18" instead? If so, why? No plans for a flip rear yet. it will probrably be a YHM as well.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ko-tonics can build the exact upper you want. They use Stag uppers and bolt carrier groups and have YHM forends. They, of course, have the barrels. As for barrel length, what will the main use be? I like the 16" barrel for my uses, defense and cqb shooting. The 16" would still be good at 500+ yards. I know a lot of the guys here use 18" for hunting or competition shooting. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to do it on my own. It worked out quite well. I'm working on getting pics up. I just threw a camo job on it today.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it!

·
Registered
135 Posts
45big-hammer said:
I've wanted to try this cartridge since I first heard about it. Just looking for some feed back. How does a Stag Upper, YHM mid-length 4-rail, YHM flip front and a 16" Ko-tonics barrel sound? Would anyone go with the 18" instead? If so, why? No plans for a flip rear yet. it will probrably be a YHM as well.
I just ordered my upper from Tim and it's very close to that:
lightweight mid-length quad rail, railed gas block, and 18" barrel. This is primarily going to be my deer rifle, so I wanted some extra barrel length for velocity. I already have a MI front flip sight, so I didn't get the YHM flip sight gas block.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's under here's mine on the pics I think. It's in the new posts column right now. I got a before and after on there. More available upon request. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts