6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything got all FUBAR... but being a professional I will not air my dirty laundry here...

thank you white oak and I hope everything works out....

they gave me a tracking number and I should receive the barrel assembly w/ no upper rcvr... I will have it installed on the sundevil upper locally by my gunsmith ...

I dont think they liked the fact that I wanted to use this upper or any other one for that matter as they stated it was inferior to the cmt???? so they didnt send any upper

as long as this phukker shoots strait and takes a beating im good

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Congrats on the tracking number. Barrel installation is pretty straightforward and doesn't take a lot of time so hopefully your gunsmith will turn it around quickly for you. We've been waiting with you on this build to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Art....

I am little upset becuase of the time and trouble but the end product I know will be worth it...

the smith said he assembles 150 rifles a month and that he will only charge 35.00... he also said if I bring it in on wednesday next week, I can pick it up that day... good thing they have a range on site... this is good becuase it beats me having to drive 200 miles round trip to have it assembled by my guy at cold war shooters...

I will take pics as soon as I get it.... and I will follow up with a range report....

thanks guys

·
Registered
441 Posts
BL,

Sometimes there are bumps not sure what happend but if the product and the money is good its usually gonna turnout. As for th barrel install. A few times when I was on the way to the rane with more than one barrel and forgot my wrench
I swung by the local Shop and was out in ten minutes with the barrel installed. Of course my upper is prepped squared etc so it simply a barrel off and on situation.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything will work out... I am positive it will....

+1
the lower was at my door when I came home today....
there are no engravings or markings on it anywhere....
I took it to the shop and they put it on cmmg/noveske/stag lowers, they fit perfect and firm. They are noticeably beefier and have what seems to be a teflon coating because it has a sateen look.... get this... I compared the upper to the vltor mur and guess what... MUCH BEEFIER....
"they" said I was down grading but I dont see how... especially since it was 139.00

this thing is nice

·
Registered
10 Posts
I barreled a Sun Devil upper this evening. Not sure how anyone could think it an inferior upper. It is much "beafier" in the barrel area and would not fit in my receiver block.
I own a Sun Devil lower myself and it is top notch stuff.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
"they" said I was down grading but I dont see how...
That's because you didn't want to buy "their" receiver. "They" lost the sale and didn't like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's because you didn't want to buy "their" receiver. "They" lost the sale and didn't like it.
+1
they were pretty pissed off... Still recommended people to them for builds, barrels and bolts after the fact....

I learned a lesson.... shop around for all the parts, then find a competent smith to put it together...Like TIMW... he still had to properly stake thier bolt after the fact and he fire lapped my barrel as well as performed some other secret rituals that no one else would...

WOA is a good company that has neede parts... just wasnt the greatest customer experience. I Still refer people there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts