6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I agree. Can't pass it up. One could easily spend $1200, a comparable model from other companies. I'm not paying for a particular name. I don't plan on shots passed 250 max, so I'm looking toward the 1-8x myself. I may look at the 1-10x. I'm curious how the bdc will work for the 6.8

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
With a 20% off coupon from ”The Daily Shooter.com” couldn’t pass it up. Curious to see how the bdc will work as well. Waiting on a Sightmark boresight and time off to zero this weapon and put it through some paces.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
First time out, I must say she passed with flying colors. I was a little nervous as it’s been quite awhile between projects. I adjusted the gas block per Odin Works, fully closing off the gas then opening it up 2-1/2 turns, perfect 3 o’clock ejection and lock back. After initial concerns with the scope elevation not adjusting when turning the turret, it loosened up after a few shots and got it dialed In. Main objective was barrel break in, cycle test, and 25 yd zero. All good, she’s a keeper. Hornady “Black” 110g VMax. No chrono yet. Cant wait to make my own pills again.
08E3A327-2352-457B-BAA5-EDA1C79C585C.jpeg

·
Registered
99 Posts
First time out, I must say she passed with flying colors. I was a little nervous as it’s been quite awhile between projects. I adjusted the gas block per Odin Works, fully closing off the gas then opening it up 2-1/2 turns, perfect 3 o’clock ejection and lock back. After initial concerns with the scope elevation not adjusting when turning the turret, it loosened up after a few shots and got it dialed In. Main objective was barrel break in, cycle test, and 25 yd zero. All good, she’s a keeper. Hornady “Black” 110g VMax. No chrono yet. Cant wait to make my own pills again.
View attachment 61360
Looks like she's a rockin! I actually ended up ordering a 1-10x Arrowhead w/green MOA reticle yesterday afternoon and I actually have 100 rounds of Hornaday Black 110 gr vmax on the way. What reticle did you choose? I spoke to Swampfox and they advised me to do the MOA, as the BDC reticle's marks won't match up with the 6.8 round.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks like she's a rockin! I actually ended up ordering a 1-10x Arrowhead w/green MOA reticle yesterday afternoon and I actually have 100 rounds of Hornaday Black 110 gr vmax on the way. What reticle did you choose? I spoke to Swampfox and they advised me to do the MOA, as the BDC reticle's marks won't match up with the 6.8 round.

Thanks, first run was a success, my first barrel from ARP, I’m a believer. I got the BDC in red to keep it simple. Hopefully the elevation turret concern was a just hiccup being new, as it behaved after a couple of rounds down range. Let me know if you have any issues with the scope as well.
Good luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
Awesome. I was just going on their recommendation. I'm very glad to hear the BDC is working well. I chose the green reticle because I have one of their Blade scopes on my ar pistol with a green reticl and I kinda like the color contrast it gives. We all have our own preferences. I downloaded the Strelok Pro ballistics app and I'm really looking forward to experimenting with it. I will definitely keep you posted.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts