6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
Avocado eating hogs... be afraid... be VERY afraid.

Lookin' good Al !

·
Super Moderator
21,596 Posts
The Multi-platform Pro, thanks Chas, with H’s barrel I think she’ll do fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm liking the looks of that one. I have a pair of test mules in need of some finishing. I like that multi platform approach in a single kit. Smart money that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my 5D TacticalPro jig. Doing a dozen AR-15 lowers and six DPMS .308 lowers. Unbelievable how accurate it is. Use the recommended DeWalt router and a 120V hand drill and it’s easy. I have a drill press but don’t use it because it isn’t necessary and saves time by not messing with getting the drill press vice centered.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love my 5D TacticalPro jig. Doing a dozen AR-15 lowers and six DPMS .308 lowers. Unbelievable how accurate it is. Use the recommended DeWalt router and a 120V hand drill and it’s easy. I have a drill press but don’t use it because it isn’t necessary and saves time by not messing with getting the drill press vice centered.
I concur, love that jig. I use the drill press only on the pilot hole, probably not needed though. Really very easy to use with nice results. A friend has a milling machine and he’s thinking about getting a 5D.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow!! That's a great looking job! Is it really that easy? I have told myself so many times I am going to get a jig and some receivers but have yet to actually do it. Maybe now is the time.
Nice work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Which magnification Arrowhead are you looking at? I'm considering one for my 20" 6.8

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I got a 1-10x Arrowhead, nice glass, especially at the price point.
I agree. Can't pass it up. One could easily spend $1200, a comparable model from other companies. I'm not paying for a particular name. I don't plan on shots passed 250 max, so I'm looking toward the 1-8x myself. I may look at the 1-10x. I'm curious how the bdc will work for the 6.8

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts