6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone was able to get 6.8 bolt guns produced what barrel length would people want? 18, 20, 22?
Also what price range do you think people would be willing to pay?
It would be a limited run the first time, 10 to 20 rifles.
Also is there interest in custom higher end 6.8 bolt guns?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't see $400 rifles happening. CZ 224 Valkyrie MSRP is $749 for the Alpha 600.

Something less than a grand seems doable.

I like the idea of a group buy. What are you thinking for a receiver?

Northland sells a Savage 11 receiver for $399, but you still need to change the bolt face. Good news is its not a Acutrigger.
Factory Savage Model 116 Actions | Northland Shooters Supply

·
Vendor
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see $400 rifles happening. CZ 224 Valkyrie MSRP is $749 for the Alpha 600.

Something less than a grand seems doable.

I like the idea of a group buy. What are you thinking for a receiver?

Northland sells a Savage 11 receiver for $399, but you still need to change the bolt face. Good news is its not a Acutrigger.
Factory Savage Model 116 Actions | Northland Shooters Supply
Savage is an option.
Probably in the 800 to 1000 for a custom run. My gunsmith has reciever sets to.
A group buy may be the best way to get started.

·
Vendor
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
378 Posts
Since I have 3 6.8 AR'S with 12.5", 16" and 20 " barrels I wouldn't mind a bolt action with a 22" barrel. The question is how heavy will it be. With a longer barrel and the ability to load longer then ar mag length, you could stretch the performance of the 6.8
A short action would let you load long.

Not sure I would want a 22 inch, it would depend on the profile. My Winchester 308 has a 22" pencil in a Walnut stock. It weighs 6 lbs 5 oz without scope and loaded mag. It is a great walking or saddle rifle. 20 inches would be better though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Savage is an option.
Probably in the 800 to 1000 for a custom run. My gunsmith has reciever sets to.
A group buy may be the best way to get started.
Wonder what a group buy on Origins would be. That doubles the price. Might be able to get volume prices though.

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
White Vehicle Automotive design Bumper Gadget

This is an Axis II. 6.5C donor rifle. PTG 6.8 bolt head. The 18arp bbl with thread protector, mag, and 20moa rail. Axis plastic stock. No scope.
Wood Auto part Automotive exterior Fashion accessory Metal

·
Registered
2,439 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd say 18" or 20". the closer to $800 the better. I didn't jump on the ARP Savage barrels when the chance was there and regret it but the timing wasn't right. And that would factor in now as well.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have a custom 21" barrel on a bolt action scout with a target crown . It has a 12.5 LOP for Ms . It comes in about 7.5# in a grey lam Boyds stock .

I did an 18" Stevens 200 swap with a heavy profile ARP . It's a personal thing but I could do without the comp . It's fitted with a 3-9×40 and about 7.5-8# .

I don't know why Savage couldn't run an Axis , a 110 SA blue/wood , and a Varmint Special 110 SA in the $250 , $400 , and $500 cla

1 - 20 of 63 Posts